Mavericky Puig

God Serena

Okay, that's quite vague, but i'd go with that. :)
Btw, is there any news if and when Xavi would join the Barca system, hopefully as a coach of something?

Don't even worry about Xavi, he's got a long way to go before he's ready for the level he wants (Barca B or higher iirc).

BusiTheKing

[youtube]DK62KDAi2Zg[/youtube]

Love his attitude. The way reacts to getting fouled by not giving the offender the time of day, just re-starting play immediately.

Raketa10

A class of his own in our B team. What I like the most about him is his constant involvement in the game. He lacks physicality and that could be a problem but because of this disadvantage he is forced to play and think fast. A wonderful prospect!

Last edited:

God Serena

Included in the squad list for the CL, which is good for him. Granted, we're more likely to see Cillessen start the final than see the kid even get a single minute but you gotta take your victories where you can.

Devils

Sad to see him not getting the Spain call-up while bums like Ceballos who spent his entire last season on the bench does.

Lucho is a smart guy and a great manager, but I don't agree with this. He should be integrating the next legendary Spanish midfielder into the Spanish national team (like Xavi) at a young age. A come the next world cup, Puig will be the young breakout star on La Roja.

Meanwhile THUGS like Ceballos get called up.

Shame.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sad to see him not getting the Spain call-up while bums like Ceballos who spent his entire last season on the bench does.

Lucho is a smart guy and a great manager, but I don't agree with this. He should be integrating the next legendary Spanish midfielder into the Spanish national team (like Xavi) at a young age. A come the next world cup, Puig will be the young breakout star on La Roja.

Meanwhile THUGS like Ceballos get called up.

Shame.

Puig hasn't played one minute in official match for first team. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

xXKonan

When Lucho points out perfect examples of peak physical performances he's obviously pointing towards Puig.

Kid is the definition of a physical beast.

:mou:

messi1995

I'm a big fan of Riqui Puig. I think he will be a WC player in the future. But no he doesn't deserve a call-up by Lucho when he's playing in Segunda B. Tell me one player for Spain national team that play in Segunda and is included. Bullshit argument.

Devils

I'm a big fan of Riqui Puig. I think he will be a WC player in the future. But no he doesn't deserve a call-up by Lucho when he's playing in Segunda B. Tell me one player for Spain national team that play in Segunda and is included. Bullshit argument.

-He's the same age as Mbappe
-Same age as that prick Asensio when he was in the Real Madrid first team
-Same age as the likes of Thomas Muller and Xavi when they debuted for their respective national teams.
-Same age as THUG Ramos when he signed for Real Madrid
-Older than Rooney was when he signed for United

Nobody was saying those players were too young for top level or their national teams.

Ricky should be exposed to top level football ASAP and should stop being protected because he's playing in Segunda. If anything, this is a problem. I mean he's 19 years old and still looks like a pre-teen child.

If Ricky were a Real Madrid youth player and that bum Cabellos was still playing for Real Betis, then Ricky would be displacing that thug off the La Roja. But only because Real Madrid have UNREAL influence. I mean look at that Vinicius kid, he's practically the Brazilian Theo Walcott but the media hype he gets is insane. The same with that clown Cabellos who spent the entire season on the bench last season.

I rest my case.

Last edited:

messi1995

All of those players proved themself in the first division. Riqui needs to first prove himself in the Barca first team before we can talk about call-up. Ceballos doesn't deserve a call-up, but atleast he's playing in la liga, and not in Segunda. Anyway I'm looking forward to watch Riqui playing for Spain in Euro 2020 and WC 2022.

Gnidrologist

I agree somewhat with both arguments. Being small and weak and all that stuff. I remember both Xavi and Iniesta being small and weak. They became two best spanish midfielders ever.

Nothanks

xavi and iniesta were not weak though, they were small yes but people underestimate their strengths, along with messi

puig, and denis suarez are weak.. a gust of wind seems to push them down

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Ricky should be exposed to top level football ASAP and should stop being protected because he's playing in Segunda. If anything, this is a problem. I mean he's 19 years old and still looks like a pre-teen child.
I rest my case.

Yeah he's playing in Spain's third division, why would Lucho even consider calling him up to the first team?

BBZ8800

I know that Devils is trolling, but still.
Puig's physique is nowhere near to Xavi's.

Xavi in 1999, aged 19:
camp-nou-stadium-barcelona-spain-18-12-1999-primera-division-la-liga-season-19992000-fc-barcelona-vs-atletico-madrid-21-xavi-hernandez-barcelona-M9GGF6.jpg

MD_20130123_MAS_DEPORTE_D_54363017554-652x492@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Puig in 2018, aged 19:
1533484663730.jpg

el-matadeperenc-riqui-puig-debutant-amb-el-primer-equip-5b5ec53470492.png

Puig looks like a 13 years old playing with his older brother and his friends.

Home of Barca Fans