Mavericky Puig

Jombi

Guardiola starting Phil Foden today against Chelsea in the Community Shield final. He's almost a year younger than Puig and did great, outperforming Jorginho, Cesc and Barkley...Hopefully Valverde doesnt let Puig rot away if he actually has the talent to succeed for us.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barcelona kid Riqui Puig is 'spectacular' - AC Milan coach Gennaro Gattuso
http://global.espn.com/football/bar...is-spectacular-ac-milan-coach-gennaro-gattuso

"Riqui is spectacular," Gattuso said at his postmatch news conference. "Even though they [Barca] have players that look like kids, the way they handle the ball amazes me. It's the beauty of football. It's like poetry.

"I heard about him a while ago, and about some of the other kids at the club. It's the kind of thing you can't really copy and paste. It's something that takes years to do. It's how they feel the game.

"So it's a beautiful thing, but a very tough thing for others to copy. They don't play with a tactical model, it's more of a common idea. Needless to say, I am very jealous of the Barca school."

Daniele Massaro, who scored two goals for Milan when they beat Barca in the 1994 European Cup final, asked for his shirt after the game and compared him to Andres Iniesta.

Massaro added: "He plays with real personality, always with his head up. We could be looking at the new Iniesta."

:worthy:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Guardiola starting Phil Foden today against Chelsea in the Community Shield final. He's almost a year younger than Puig and did great, outperforming Jorginho, Cesc and Barkley...Hopefully Valverde dont let Puig rot away if he actually has the talent to succeed for us.

Valverde doesn't give a toss about youngsters. He is not building anything here, merely adding to his resume.

Puig wouldn't be playing pre-season either had Gomes, Denis and Alena and Oriol been fit.

Garrus

Valverde doesn't give a toss about youngsters. He is not building anything here, merely adding to his resume.

Puig wouldn't be playing pre-season either had Gomes, Denis and Alena and Oriol been fit.

LOL, While this normally should be classified as a an illogical prediction of a hypothetical scenario, I find it so outrageous and detached from reality, That i’ll I feel obligated to re-classify what you said, As a blatant lie.

So a coach who in 2 out of 3 friendlies dedicated entire halves to B players, Most of them not having any near benefit to the first team, If ever in the future, Giving playtime to the likes of palencia, mingueza, ballou, And Perez, I’ll say it again, Giving entire halves to many players that are of no use to the first team in the future, Near and even far , Wouldn’t have allowed one most of the talented ones to play, If denis, Gomes, Alena and Oriol had been fit?, What?, The same puig according to many reports, He urged the board to hasten his renewal because of how much he impressed him.

How about we stop exaggerating, And stop lying.

What I found extra funny about what you said, Is that in your manufactured, fictitious scenario, Playing oriol and Alena instead of puig, Is an example of not giving a crap about youngsters? And here I wonder, Since when alena and oriol stopped being considered youngsters?, LOL.

A Few months back, All everyone cared about the summer friendlies is seeing oriol and Alena play, I can’t remember a soul demanding puig to play in the friendlies back then, Most clues never even heard of him, And now suddenly a few months in the future and valverde is moron for playing Alena and oriol instead of him (In your imaginary scenario of course ;) )

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Impressive that he got that kind of praise from Gattuso and that other guy. I think he stands out even much more to people because of how young he looks :lol:

Expectations have to be high for him at Barca B. Aleña was dominating the Segunda statistically, Puig won't have the chance to test himself against that level of competition in the Segunda B so he'll have to try to stand out even more.

Windhook

And the media suddenly went crazy about Puig. I dislike this attention at such a young age, it has negative impact on most talents.

hulinat

nah hes such a good boy with his shirt all tucked in the shorts and being all mellow and cool about all the bitches trying to get to him. classy mate, clearly the next Inieste.

yeswecan

Just let him train with first team and get minutes from time to time. Playing in Segunda Division B will have like zero effect on his improvement.

raki

Impressive that he got that kind of praise from Gattuso and that other guy. I think he stands out even much more to people because of how young he looks :lol:

Expectations have to be high for him at Barca B. Aleña was dominating the Segunda statistically, Puig won't have the chance to test himself against that level of competition in the Segunda B so he'll have to try to stand out even more.

The other guy is Massaro?

xXKonan

[tw]1026392511772807168[/tw]

El Pais claims Segura told Puig's father that the club and him didn't want to renew him because he was physically frail and weak. But Bartomeu renewed Puig's contract anyway.

Home of Barca Fans