Mavericky Puig

Gnidrologist

Need to dope him up. You know, everyone believes that Barca used/es doping so why not really use one this time to get some brawn on those wee bones.:lol:

Raketa10

I also think he's getting overhyped atm, especially by Barca twitter. He had many impressive plays but also times where he just got crowded out and stifled in duels or tight situations. His tiny stature can actually be a problem because real physical pressure could overwhelm him and he did look that way a number of times especially in the first 30 mins or so he played. The main impressive thing was his involvement and how much he managed to do on the pitch.

The talent and skills are there, people are jumping the gun too early with him though.

He has to start working on his muscles.

God Serena

He has to start working on his muscles.

His muscle isn't really a problem. He's underdeveloped. Even his face is that of a child. Probably hasn't had a hair on his face in his entire life, either. He'll probably grow into a better body with time. As it is now his skills are good enough, I look forward to seeing him with the B team.

BusiTheKing

Wasn't it only months ago that people on here were saying that his physique would prevent him from ever being able to play at top level?

Sure, he looked way too small. Then he started to train with the first team. Now he just had his first team debut against a pretty physical side and did well, and you are still spewing this nonsense. Have you literally no idea how adolescence works? People develop at various rates and stages of age but everybody gets there.

Judging his physique before he's fully developed is so stupid, especially when you can so easily see the progress he made in just six months or so.

Last edited:

Raketa10

With Arthur, Puig and Alena here and probably De Jong next summer we’ll have a load of talent in our squad. I really hope they will develop properly so we can once again witness a proper Barca midfield. Until than we can dream that in 2-3 years we’ll have De Jong-Arthur-Alena/Puig midfield.

Gnidrologist

Wasn't it only months ago that people on here were saying that his physique would prevent him from ever being able to play at top level?

Sure, he looked way too small. Then he started to train with the first team. Now he just had his first team debut against a pretty physical side and did well, and you are still spewing this nonsense. Have you literally no idea how adolescence works? People develop at various rates and stages of age but everybody gets there.

Judging his physique before he's fully developed is so stupid, especially when you can so easily see the progress he made in just six months or so.
Yeah, i think that's the thing. He's adolescence seems to be over welcomed. It's inevitable that he's get a little bulkier later on. The great thing about him is that even with his teenage boy frame he is actually quite strong on the feet or agile and intelligent enough to simply shrug off the pressure the same way Xavi used to do. I think he's the best future /potentially great/ prospect we currently have. I don't know why people are so invested in Alena. He seems average to me in comparison. Good workhorse tho :valverde2:

Gnidrologist

ImpoliteUnnaturalArthropods-max-1mb.gif

henias

Gotta admit he's super adorable tho, lol.

Probably one of those late bloomers. He'll grow, dont worry.

God Serena

I don't know why people are so invested in Alena. He seems average to me in comparison. Good workhorse tho :valverde2:

So, a little flair and excitement is all you need to measure potential? Let's just take a look at some of our most *exciting* prospects.

1.) Deulofeu
2.) Rafinha
3.) Halilovic
4.) Adama
5.) Munir
6.) Denis

...And that's just in the past few years. Puig is certainly one to get behind but saying such things are just riding the wave of hype that is generated for every talented kid to come through and more often than not that wave of hype crashes before it can reach land, and it actually devalues the player in question. In Alena we have a player who may not have all the flashy dribbles or flicks as the kid who looks like he's still 5 years away from putting Buzz and Woody in storage, but he is as solid a midfield product that we could ever hope to produce without landing face first into another golden generation level talent. When Riqui can prove himself to not just be the best player in his team, but also one of, if not the best players in his entire league we can revisit this comparison, but as it is now saying he's better than Alena is like saying Mina is better than Umtiti. Alena has been solidly first team ready for at least a full season while Riqui showed he still has a lot of improvement to make as he grows into a professional. By the time he's ready for promotion Alena will probably be so secure in his spot on the first team that coming back and quoting this will look like the biggest L in history, only comparable to the W I got when I predicted Gomes wasn't going to be sold back in February.

Home of Barca Fans