Mavericky Puig

vegitot

Screenshot_20200924-142405_Twitter.jpg

kattanib

Haha I think any Barca fan with a bit of optimism around Koeman needs to completely ignore his stint at Everton. They all can't stand him after his time there, did a terrible job when it came to the rebuild.

Look at the bright side, its a learning for Koeman on what didn?t work

ebc_99

His body is like high school student that does not develop.

Do you have to be asshole? Bodyshaming now.

He looks like a fit and healthy young man, it's good that football has different physiques, we don't want it to turn into rugby were everyone is huge.

But he could do with putting on a bit of muscle though but that will come in time.

snowy

Bet one of the main reasons the Rikmeister gets called soft or girlie has to do more with his demeanor than his height and weight. Look at Bruce Lee and Roberto Duran at 128-135. They were carrying some serious swag.

It's mainly a persona thing and how he carries himself. Football wise, he's above par.

one caveat: lack of muscle support makes his joints and connective tissues more vulnerable to potential injuries. On the flip side, being light has the advantage of reduced stress. So maybe it balances out :thinking:

vegitot

Bet one of the main reasons the Rikmeister gets called soft or girlie has to do more with his demeanor than his height and weight. Look at Bruce Lee and Roberto Duran at 128-135. They were carrying some serious swag.

It's mainly a persona thing and how he carries himself. Football wise, he's above par.

one caveat: lack of muscle support makes his joints and connective tissues more vulnerable to potential injuries. On the flip side, being light has the advantage of reduced stress. So maybe it balances out :thinking:

Footballers need to develop their muscle to suit themself. But 56kg is pretty much under the par.

Messi is around 70kg and we are talking about a god like talent player, not a promising yougster level.

vegitot

Do you have to be asshole? Bodyshaming now.

He looks like a fit and healthy young man, it's good that football has different physiques, we don't want it to turn into rugby were everyone is huge.

But he could do with putting on a bit of muscle though but that will come in time.

His body now is same as his previous year. Make me wonder if he ever train to develop his physique.

He is a healthy young man, good stamina but thin and small. Dont deny that.

Richard.H

I think another very important thing that's not being assessed is how the game has changed nowadays. Physicality getting a lot more important, nearly the entire damn Bayern squad looks like they are doing practices from the NFL and NBA.

Players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, heck even Pirlo were very light indeed but they are generational talents. If puig is also a generational talent then sure, I am willing to pass how light he is. He is like 4-5 kg lighter than those players too though, so it makes you think.

vegitot

I think another very important thing that's not being assessed is how the game has changed nowadays. Physicality getting a lot more important, nearly the entire damn Bayern squad looks like they are doing practices from the NFL and NBA.

Players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, heck even Pirlo were very light indeed but they are generational talents. If puig is also a generational talent then sure, I am willing to pass how light he is. He is like 4-5 kg lighter than those players too though, so it makes you think.

Puig is not 4-5 kg lighter, he is 10 or more lighter. And the like of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi also have low body fat level, they look light but have enough muscle. Can you imagine how different 10kg more muscle is???

Why cant some people accept that he need to improve his physique, just like Messi, Iniesta...when they were young?

Re watch all of three his recent matches (U21 spain and two friendly matches), you could see his opponents knock him out quite easily. And most of his passes go to nowhere.

Compare to his post covid till the end of 2019-2020 season form, it is quite different. Honestly two months ago i still thought he is way better than Fati but now Fati is superior player.

Home of Barca Fans