Mavericky Puig

Laplacian

Players like Puig are very rare. His physique has not held him back in real games so far. But yeah, if he can get to at least 60 kg, which is Verratti?s weight, he should be fine.

It's incredible, isn't it? Puig's physicality is a "problem", but not once has he ever shown to be bullied on the field at a rate surpassing any other young player, or star players like Dembele and Coutinho. It's a manufactured issue borne out of a dislike against his body type. Also, he's not 56kg:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlDO-qGW0AAqF6a.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BRpqd06.jpg

56kg is underweight for men who are 170~cm tall. He's not underweight.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

I doubt he is actually 56kg, just an outdated weight. Like Adama Traore being 72kg smh

It doesn't really matter as long as he performs well. As for the haters, no matter how good this kid performs, they will still have an excuse to hate him. I would assume one or two posters here are suffering from Oppositional defiant disorder. Note that, there is a difference between stubborn and oppositional, and that difference is that a stubborn person might give in where an oppositional person won't.

Rory

Should seek a loan in january. Needs to be smart about his career. Leeds might be a good match where his energy, quick passing and willingness to go forward will be met with enthusiasm by Bielsa. Might get bullied off the ball by all the big CM's though like Partey, hey wait a second what happened last time he played against Partey?

serghei

I reckon quite a few good teams would be interested in loaning Puig based on what he's shown for us. This kid is quick and has great technique. Sure, he's small, but intelligence + technique + speed is like the whole grail of any midfield position except DM.

BusiTheKing

I wonder what it actually is that Koeman has against him. Pedri might be a more classically talented player where Puig's game has a slightly weird composition, sharper around the edges. In the big picture they affect games in sorta similar ways, albeit through different types of situations.

He makes too many mistakes but so does Busquets, Pjanic, Pedri, Roberto. Even De Jong some games.

I wonder what it is. He works harder than anyone bar De Jong, surely that would work to his favor.

Maybe it's personal, but I just don't see it. Best guess is that it's pure and simple stubbornness. Unwillingness to change his mind about him.

soul24rage

I would be shocked if he doesn't get any game time vs Feren with our next La Liga match coming on Saturday.

Hell, he should be starting the CL game.

JohnN

He will get time in the next cl match as a sub. We can't afford any more starters to be injured so he will get a chance here and there. I still don't feel Alena should be in front of him in the pecking order.

Porque

No Riqui comments?

Showed his class on the dribble, gave one "pass de muerte" to Dembele but also, overcomplicates the game for the sake of more balltime and failed to spot a few passes to the right.

Needs more opportunities for sure. But something from the B team until now is that his key passes in the final third are lacking.

JohnN

He may be overdoing it because he wants to show everything in a span of some minutes. He is certainly a better player than many in here would have you believe.

Andresito

Staff member
This guy has so much football in him. Incredible talent.

He needs to be completed with different players him though and it's a question of to what extent a club is willing to do that which will decide what level of team he'll play at.

At Barca maybe we can't get players to suit Riqui because maybe his talent isn't enough to built around. But he surely can be the star player of a 2nd/3rd tier team at this point.

fergus90

Thought he did pretty well, apparently made more key passes than any other player. There’s definitely a fantastic player in there but he still needs regular minutes to nourish that. Hopefully he can go on loan and play week in week out for the rest of the season.

Home of Barca Fans