Mavericky Puig

vegitot

Crazy that Alena is getting much favored over him. Puig made a huge mistake for not going out on loan to another La Liga side. Would've been a golden opportunity to show RK what he's missing.

He needs consistent minutes to play. Maybe this winter if Koeman still not play him.

Alena suits better in double pivot. That is why Koeman prefers him.

Gnidrologist

Started badly, but the game was already over and team was kinda slowing down at that point, but made some quick slick moves and passing at the end, especially at Griez goal. He just reacts to openings much faster and aggressive than most of our mids, including DJ and Cout. Forward thinking guy. I like that. And some idiots say he's a sideway passer lol.

JamDav1982

Puig is the same height as Angel Correa who often plays as a SS or RM. Of course Puig won't be the CM, but I could see Simeone playing him as a SS or RM/LM.

Completely different positions and not all about height.

Puig is nowhere near a second striker let alone the way Simeone plays them.

vegitot

Puig is the same height as Angel Correa who often plays as a SS or RM. Of course Puig won't be the CM, but I could see Simeone playing him as a SS or RM/LM.

Except Correa is way bigger and stronger.

And im sure that Simeone never say he want Puig in his team or something.

serghei

Puig looked very well. He is very fast and agile, so this means he can make incursions in pockets of space that other players hesitate to invade, opting for lateral and safety passes. This is of great importance against compact deep blocks.

kattanib

You guys are funny. He meant BBZ should support Atletico and then the discussion went to why Puig should join Atletico :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Completely different positions and not all about height.

That's what I'm saying, Puig plays better in advanced positions. In our current formation, his position is CAM or LW, not a CDM. He played that game vs Atletico as a CAM in a diamond too. Ideally he is a CM in a 4-3-3, of course, but in Simeone's 4-4-2 he would be a wide midfielder or the second striker. Anyways, it was just a hypothetical example I provided to make the argument that other coaches would use Puig. Koeman is simply being stubborn.

You guys are funny. He meant BBZ should support Atletico and then the discussion went to why Puig should join Atletico :lol:

I know, just wanted to make a different point.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Didn't Atletico acquire Lucas Torreira who has a "similiar" physique as Puig ?

Obviously Lucas is a bit bulkier but that's the thing with Puig , I don't think anyone in this level of football has his physique. Blows my mind that the staff at Barca aren't telling him to gain a bit more weight.

kattanib

Didn't Atletico acquire Lucas Torreira who has a "similiar" physique as Puig ?

Obviously Lucas is a bit bulkier but that's the thing with Puig , I don't think anyone in this level of football has his physique. Blows my mind that the staff at Barca aren't telling him to gain a bit more weight.

Look at Oliver Torres the young midfielder that did not make it there

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Players like Puig are very rare. His physique has not held him back in real games so far. But yeah, if he can get to at least 60 kg, which is Verratti?s weight, he should be fine.

BBZ8800

On internet, Correa's physique is:
Height: 171-173 cm
Weight: 69-70 kg

Puig:
Height: 169 cm
Weight: 56 kg

That is 2-4 cm difference and 13-14 kg difference.
That is QUITE a lot.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans