Mavericky Puig

mc_lovin

You worry about things that havent happened yet.

1) Lets say we get Dest (and he proves to be a worldclass attacking fullback): theres a good chance we will balance him with a defensive fullback - like Bayern does with Davies and Pep did with Alves (which doesnt fit your weak midgets narrative?).

2) Fati and Trincao will only be regular starters if they prove their worth. No in between. Has nothing to do with "Barca DNA" or whatever. Its binary as hell. Etoo, Figo, Messi, Ronaldinho, Suarez, Neymar and so on are so benchmark.

3) Our midfield setup will most likely be build around Frenkie (as of now), which means we will balance him with a physical box to box player or DM mid term. That leaves space for a player type like Puig/Pedri (not talking about quality) and we have a nice balance. If not and Xavi for example has some crazy ideas you are allowed to whine.

All highly speculative from me, but you just assume the worst as well. Only one thing is sure right now, that Koeman has his Netherlands (or Frenkies Ajax) in mind, who looked like a good blend of workrate, physicality and technique. We dont need to copy Bayern or Liverpool (who have some very obvious weaknesses as well). And what about Thiago anyway? How does he fit your narrative?

Rory

I don't have anything against one guy like Puig.
But look at a larger picture:
Fati not fast winger: but but but, insert 100 random reasons why he should play and be a key player.
Trincao, another slow winger. Insert similar excuses.
Now pair two slowish wingers with Puig as a CM who runs like a kid when trying to defend.
Add to this Dest, Garcia and 5 new guys.

People want more athleticism, but not enough.
Bayern has 10 robots.
A few days ago, one user was writing how Dembele alone would make as way better against Bayern.
One pacey player versus 10 guys from Bayern.

How I see it, our fans see physical improvement as: moving from 10 turtles to 5 turtles.
Well, that is nice.
But Bayern and Liverpool still have zero turtles and zero short guys.

These physical improvements mentioned here are good if we are comparing it to a current Barca, but are still miles away from European standards.
From our young players: Fati, Puig, Trincao, Dest, Garcia, Araujo, Frenkie = only Frenkie and Araujo look like players who have both technique and athleticism of Bayern's/Liverpool's levels.

If we would have 8-9 players like Frenkie/Araujo who would be able to play Barca's way, that would be a team for 2025 or 2030.
A team of 5 robots and 5 Barca DNA light players won't be good enough in 2025.

How can fans not get excited about Fati? Very young, from the academy, has performed quite well and scored/assisted. And then look at our LW since neymar left; the three biggest transfer flops possibly in the history of football? You can't tell me showing some faith in Fati is bad judgement.

Trincao - I thought you were complimenting him the other day? I don't know if he'll be good enough but let's wait and see. I personally would also like a winger with pace but at least Trincao is quite physical in other ways, gives us options to play a long ball perhaps? He also seems to have decent footballing intelligence but again will have to wait and see.
I also think Fati and Trincao aren't turtles really, not as fast as someone like Sane/Dembele when not injured but have some pace/trickery to get past players.

Puig I've explained above, he's done well so far.

How I see it is these players are valuable to the squad and if they perform well they are a good option. They should be complimented by signings that offer something different like speed and power for sure.

Dest and Garcia I don't know what to make of. Dest seems meh and Garcia lacks the profile to play as a CB, I've not got a clue why we want him.

And then what if these physical robots are bought but they are extremely poor technically? For instance Dembele is lightening fast put possibly the dumbest player I've seen. Semedo was pretty dumb too. Truth is it's a gamble whichever profile you go after so rewarding players that are playing well who are free/cheap is a smart move.

Gnidrologist

I wont read your crap AGAIN, because i already know what's there, so i'll address it succinctly by memory.

1. No one on this forum has said that Puig is great already and should be auto starter. That's a strawman. All we wanted is him and others like him to be played more and be tested, which he deserves judging by his performances till now.
2. No one on this forum want's a team of 10 puigs on the filed and disregards physicality. That's a strawman. I would love players like Kante (hell, even Wijnaldum) to supplement the more technical players. It's rather you, who despite running your mouth about 'ballance' much, seem to prefer teams of 10 vanbommels and disregard all "schoolboys", no matter what they bring to the table.
3. Puig has already proven to be great asset on the field and not nearly as helpless against physical teams as we thought, but you ignore that, because it doesn't fall into your false narrative. Facts be damned.
4. Other players we had/have have performed worse or even abominable, but they should still play above Puig, because "he's a schoolboy hurr durr, let me give you irrelevant essay in world football history, derp".
5. "Muh football has evolved" therefore we only need 10 vanbommels now. This is so cringe i don't even. Highly technical players with good vision and passing are still in great demand. Just because there aren't teams on the technical level of Barca09-11 that could play and win fielding entire lineup of technical midgets alone, doesn't mean that highly technically talented individuals are suddenly useless.

Balanced team means that there are players with different roles, each good at their perspective thing. Puig can potentially fulfill one of them as some of his skills are best in the team bar retiring Messi. It only makes sense to invest some hope in him instead of outright disregard cuz schoolboy.

Messigician

📰 ? Riqui Puig does not have a first team number, and will continue being registred at Bar?a B. [@albert_roge]

Wow it's done while Alena got number 6.

Koeman hates Puig

snowy

Ok, I'll tell you a secret now.
Sit down.

Now, let's go to our future team:
-- our winger is Trincao= in general, unless if he improves to Figo's levels, we will be weaker than top teams who have faster wingers
-- Fati, the same
-- Puig in the middle, lol. Imagine Puig vs Bayern's midfield
-- let's go to fullbacks: Dest. Way slower than modern fullbacks from Bayern or Liverpool.
How will Trincao+Dest defend against 2 faster guys from Bayern?
-- Eric Garcia, the same. Liverpool has 190 or 195 tall robots in defense, who can intercept, tackle, bully, win aerial duels easily.
We will have a good guy, slowish Eric Garcia who is neither athletic nor fast.
-- now, let's move to defending corners and crosses against Bayern and Liverpool.
Imagine our team when half of our lineup is: Puig, Garcia, Dest, Fati.
Bayern has the whole team with height 185-190.
And then you will have Puig, Dest and co jumping with 185cm guys.
We will have 3-4 good jumpers.
Bayern will have 8 or 10.
What to do then?

You will reply: but but but, Pep didn't need height because we had possession all the time.
Again, you can't repeat that trick again because teams were shocked by TikiTaka back then, they didn't know how to defend and take the ball away, plus they didn't implement our tricks into their game.

That would be funny! Don't forget Alba, Pedri, Rosanas, Lucas, Konrad and Hiroki :baby:

1 or 2 technical shorties would be all right even in todays game. Extreme example: Kinda how the Harlots Hornies used 160cm Tyrone "Muggsie" Bogues for 10 seasons as a point guard. That's why given current squad and UEFA's 5 subs allowance per game, Puig could easily get minutes. Like said before, best way to be fresh come end of the season CL crunch time is to use max rotations.

About our Bavarian pals, I suspect they have some type of Universal Soldier program. Look at how quickly they were able to enhance Coutinho. And how he can only play for a short span before he heats up! I think he's really dead.

Remember that game when Nikals dragged unconscious Couti and Thiago off the pitch.

Gnarly!

BVB got their own special enhanced program this year. They're about to whoop every1's butts

serghei

He is making a big mistake in not going out on loan if Koeman doesn't count on him. It's gonna be a wasted season for him.

BusiTheKing

Segunda B is technically much worse of course but tempo, physicality and tactics are probably comparable to playing for a mid-table La Liga side or something. Something like Porto could have been exciting though.

xXKonan

Feel like he's going to end up being one of those players that he can play well but no matter who we get for a manager he won't be rated as highly by said manager and be stuck in limbo.

Home of Barca Fans