Mavericky Puig

ATLBarcaFan

It's frustrating to me that this kid doesn't get more playing time. I'm not saying he should start every week, but he should be getting regular time off the bench

Horatio

You're welcome
koeman is your countryman, we get it. no need to brag after getting one up vs sociedad in the supercup, especially when we had an overall bad game and barely won on penalties.

furthermore, koeman hasn't achieved anything yet. we're on a good run now, after some relatively easy games.

The quote doesn't count. You pulled it up from a different thread and doesn't concern the Puiq situation.

Also, I wasn't bragging. Was rubbing it in.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

It just dawned on me that Koeman is right about him. He doesnt look ready. Too slow and weak, which is very visible when he runs next to other players. Looks kind of lost.

Still hope he gets more playing time as hes great to watch. And definitely preferable to Coutinho.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
It just dawned on me that Koeman is right about him. He doesnt look ready. Too slow and weak, which is very visible when he runs next to other players. Looks kind of lost.

Still hope he gets more playing time as hes great to watch. And definitely preferable to Coutinho.

Everytime he comes on there is a bunch of zombies around him that have already been run into the ground cause Koeman didn't bother subbing them ever. He's only brought in when we're losing and have no hope of turning the game

mc_lovin

Everytime he comes on there is a bunch of zombies around him that have already been run into the ground cause Koeman didn't bother subbing them ever. He's only brought in when we're losing and have no hope of turning the game

That observation has nothing to do with other players. He really has no physical presence. Just compare him and Pedri. Night and day. And thats not Pedris strong suit either.

fergus90

The problem is and this applies to many other players that don't get enough game time at clubs, that you can't expect players on bit-part minutes to just come in and perform well every time. Both him and Trincao last night got chucked on when the team goes behind in extra time and the game is broken up. It becomes end-to-end and the normal pattern of play and momentum of a match pretty much flies out the window.

Pjanic also finds it tough to assert himself unless he's playing from the first minute.

Riqui should have left on loan at the beginning of the season though, that is without question.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

The problem is and this applies to many other players that don't get enough game time at clubs, that you can't expect players on bit-part minutes to just come in and perform well every time. Both him and Trincao last night got chucked on when the team goes behind in extra time and the game is broken up. It becomes end-to-end and the normal pattern of play and momentum of a match pretty much flies out the window.

Pjanic also finds it tough to assert himself unless he's playing from the first minute.

Riqui should have left on loan at the beginning of the season though, that is without question.

Again, thats not my point. Just watch his physical presence on the field compared to other players. Hes just not there. I am not expecting him to dominate, but hold his ground. He doesnt. He can be gritty - like he was vs Atletico (or in general) - but hard to only trust in that.

fergus90

Again, thats not my point. Just watch his physical presence on the field compared to other players. Hes just not there. I am not expecting him to dominate, but hold his ground. He doesnt. He can be gritty - like he was vs Atletico (or in general) - but hard to only trust in that.

I've seen his lack of physical presence, everyone has. He's 5 ft 7 and about 60kg it's clear he needs to work on his game without the ball especially now we are playing matches where we basically share 50% of the possession.

The players like Puig who like quick give and goes, passing triangles, receiving the ball in tight spaces, and moving are a bit redundant in a game if we aren't playing possession football and the play is end-to-end.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

How is he slow? I agree he is weak, but he is pretty fast and nimble.

mc_lovin

I've seen his lack of physical presence, everyone has. He's 5 ft 7 and about 60kg it's clear he needs to work on his game without the ball especially now we are playing matches where we basically share 50% of the possession.

The players like Puig who like quick give and goes, passing triangles, receiving the ball in tight spaces, and moving are a bit redundant if we aren't playing possession football.

There are plenty of players with a lack of physicality - like Pedri or Iniesta. And thats okay, and would be for Puig. But theres a bare minimum. And Puig doesnt reach it. Its hard to put into words, but he doesnt look like he can hold his own positionally.

How is he slow? I agree he is weak, but he is pretty fast and nimble.

Slow was probably the wrong word. But look at him running next to other players. He kind of looks lost.

Last edited:

fergus90

There are plenty of players with a lack of physicality - like Pedri or Iniesta. And thats okay, and would be for Puig. But theres a bare minimum. And Puig doesnt reach it. Its hard to put into words, but he doesnt look like he can hold his own positionally.

Slow was probably the wrong word. But look at him running next to other players. He kind of looks lost.

No without a doubt his game without the ball needs major work. In games where the play is end-to-end it shows more than ever. With the ball at his feet he's pretty tenacious and can get away from players closing him down well.

Gnidrologist

He wasn't impressive in this cameo, but usual suspects starting to make conclusions from this, while forgetting his other performances that were good, and in similarly disjointed, chaotic stage of the game, are just doing BBZ.

mc_lovin

He wasn't impressive in this cameo, but usual suspects starting to make conclusions from this, while forgetting his other performances that were good, and in similarly disjointed, chaotic stage of the game, are just doing BBZ.

Usual suspects? :lol: Pretty much the first time I wrote something - slightly - negative about him. And just an observation.

Gnidrologist

I was referring to the sort of critique that gets leveled against him, whenever he doesn't look terrific, not just from you in particular. He failed to impose himself in a match, where shit had already hit the fan? Well, yeah.

Home of Barca Fans