Mavericky Puig

vegitot

Look at Alena now, he has been really good for Getafe (though just lose 1-5 to Bilbao), he has 2 assists so far and one of Getafe better player. He plays at his favourite position too.

A midtable team like Getafe is better for their development than top team.

JohnN

It's a good thing he is starting to get more minutes and we need more guys to pull their weight as a team, because the useful squad is small at the moment.
If disciplinary issues are the only issues for Puig, even better. It would mean he has potential and only his attitude is holding him back. I don't see it that way. I see plenty of issues, both in pedri and Puig. it's just that pedri is younger and has potential to fix those while Puig is at an age that should already be kind of established. But he also showed improvement last season and physically he looks better this season.

FCMessi

people spinning this onto a tangent.

The argument should not be about if Puig will ever be the next Iniesta or complete trash. Time will tell and if Koeman allows it.

Koeman said he has nothing against Puig including the leaked private conversation, then again everything so far indicates the opposite.

This should be more about if Koeman is just another below average coach who is better at holding grudges, lying and being just another hypocritical bureaucrat than actually coaching a elite football team.

khaled_a_d

This should be more about if Koeman is just another below average coach who is better at holding grudges, lying and being just another hypocritical bureaucrat than actually coaching a elite football team.

If Koeman only has grudge against only one player, out of the entire squad, then you should question that player attitude even if coach is mediocre.

I honestly see it as simple situation of a coach rating a player differently from fans.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Just use Riqui as a regular sub like Trincao.
I do not care if he will be a world class player, achieve nothing in his career or whatever. Riqui is good enough to play for this team right now, that is a fact.
Regular sub for Pedri in La Liga, starter in Copa except for the big games = no more problems and benefit for the team.

Horatio

You're welcome
If Koeman only has grudge against only one player, out of the entire squad, then you should question that player attitude even if coach is mediocre.

I honestly see it as simple situation of a coach rating a player differently from fans.

Also had no problem with him taking 5th penalty against Sociedad. Must not be as bad as people want it to be.

Bobo32

I don't think he needs to develop further. He is a top 5 midfielder in the world at the moment, given playing time in the right formation and with the right players around him this would be totally obvious.

I think he can improve in being a little bit more calm on the ball (this is understandable given the little time he gets) and also his concentration, sometimes he is a bit sloppy. I think this will become better almost automatically with age and with playing time. What he could work on seems to be his finishing, I don't think he looks very clinical or dangerous when he shoots (although better there than both Xavi and Iniesta)
Bringing this up, as the comment wasn't accepted directly and probably wasn't seen.

I think most of you are completely wrong in your assessment. He is already dominating against teams like Juve or Atleti, and he brings something every time he gets a few minutes.
I never followed him in the youth teams or B, but I think he is already great, the perfect midfielder to solve most of Barcelonas problems right now. He is a Thiago-Xavi-Iniesta type of talent.

serghei

Just use Riqui as a regular sub like Trincao.
I do not care if he will be a world class player, achieve nothing in his career or whatever. Riqui is good enough to play for this team right now, that is a fact.
Regular sub for Pedri in La Liga, starter in Copa except for the big games = no more problems and benefit for the team.

Exactly what people expect with Puig, most people that is. Use him like you use Trincao. Leaving aside that he actually showed more than Trincao.

Trincao - 316 mins in La Liga.
Puig - 24 mins in La Liga.

That's embarrassing. This is the type of thing people refer to when blaming Koeman. Not that he doesn't play instead of Pedri lol.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Its a farce the playing time he has gotten. It is impossible to say he didn't perform well in the Juve game - after that he got 0 minutes in the coming weeks.
His professionality has been put into question. He has shown very much quality football wise in the last year, but it fades in comparison to the mentality he has shown by staying and performing despite the way he has been treated.

I think he is an obvious starter, and a much better midfielder than Pedri, but at least you could argue there.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly what people expect with Puig, most people that is. Use him like you use Trincao. Leaving aside that he actually showed more than Trincao.

That's embarrassing. This is the type of thing people refer to when blaming Koeman. Not that he doesn't play instead of Pedri lol.

True. Trincao was disaster in his cameos. Puig played well in general.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

+1000

JamDav1982

Different players in different positions so cant compare and also wrong to just look at Puigs La Liga minutes.

Trincao and Puig comparisons are irrelevant and just another angle to take since shown Puig been getting more minutes recently.

fergus90

No.
He is closer to Messi's tier.

He is more talented as a CAM than Zidane and Totti.

And surely more eyepleasing and efficient.

1) Puig
2) Messi
3) Maradona
4) Ronaldo
5) Cruyff
6) Laudrup

Edit or we still calling Messi the WOAT?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans