Mavericky Puig

Porque

Should go on loan and get half a season of LaLiga in his boots. For the minutes that Koeman is going to give him, better to have those given to Ilaix on the defensive side of midfield and Collado on the offensive side as both can consistently play with the B for match rhythm.

behindbrowneyes

Koeman: "Riqui was booked, and that's why I subbed him off."

Now why did I know this was coming ever since half time. :lol:

Maybe we should also mention why he got booked. He got a yellow card in the 7th minute for complaining to the ref about Cornella wasting time while taking a corner.

He'd better concentrate on his own game instead of discussing with the ref and getting booked early in the game.

xXKonan

Yeah, I'm going to come out and say it.

He's gifted on the ball but he really seems far behind Pedri on many things and the latter is 3 years younger than he is. He really needs to play if he wants to improve on the other aspects of his game.

cro-man

Now we know why no coach counted on him so far. He is just not good enough atm. Send him on loan otherwise he will have no future here if he doesnt improve. Considering how weak our squad is a decent player would find his place easily which tells you everything about his current level.

JohnN

Missed the first half. Was he they bad to justify not playing again this season? Or was he better than or equal to pjanic, braith, griez, Firpo, trincao?

Gnidrologist

He wasn't good, but he certainly wasn't among the worse in this match. The match was a disaster and everyone looked horrible. Whether due to artificial field or cold or just fatigue from previous two overtime matches.
But i agree that he should go try himself in another club on loan deal, because Koeman clearly hates his guts and will NEVER let him play. Koeman will be gone soon anyway so there's no lose in going on loan. It will also show whether he has cojones to play mean football outside of Barca incubator.

serghei

He wasn't good, but he certainly wasn't among the worse in this match. The match was a disaster and everyone looked horrible. Whether due to artificial field or cold or just fatigue from previous two overtime matches.
But i agree that he should go try himself in another club on loan deal, because Koeman clearly hates his guts and will NEVER let him play. Koeman will be gone soon anyway so there's no lose in going on loan. It will also show whether he has cojones to play mean football outside of Barca incubator.

Agreed. In the short term he has to go on loan for a short period, and when Xavi comes he will have his chance probably. If he fails under Xavi, he won't make it under anyone.

Depends on how Koeman does. But I think there's a pretty good chance he gets another season. So, Puig needs to go on loan for 1 year in the summer. And try to prove himself there so that Xavi takes him back and integrates him in his plans. Don't see other solutions for him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Maybe we should also mention why he got booked. He got a yellow card in the 7th minute for complaining to the ref about Cornella wasting time while taking a corner.

He'd better concentrate on his own game instead of discussing with the ref and getting booked early in the game.

I read that he asked the ref to "talk politely."

Androutsos

Should go on loan and get half a season of LaLiga in his boots. For the minutes that Koeman is going to give him, better to have those given to Ilaix on the defensive side of midfield and Collado on the offensive side as both can consistently play with the B for match rhythm.

What La Liga team would he even start in? Not even Huesca. He apparently plays "the Barca way" but put him in a team that doesn't play that way and he's even more of a nothing, ineffective player.

xXKonan

He needs to be loaned out to a team that will not only play him but really help develop his game without the ball at his feet.

Otherwise, he will end up like the other La Masia talents that left, Good and Tidy on the ball but not really good enough at anything else.

Porque

What La Liga team would he even start in? Not even Huesca. He apparently plays "the Barca way" but put him in a team that doesn't play that way and he's even more of a nothing, ineffective player.

If no one in LaLiga can give him first team minutes then he has no chance here.

Alena has walked into a starting spot at Getafe. It is not out of possibility that a LaLiga side like Osasuna, Levanter or Cadiz could make use of a creative midfield boost.

JamDav1982

Any player that would be good enough for Barca should be able to go out and impact a lesser team no matter how they play.

In a lot of ways it would be better for them to go out and prove that and show have other side to game. Too many nice, tidy players that wouldnt say boo to a goose come up from La Masia.

Home of Barca Fans