Mavericky Puig

JohnN

He didn't look great this time. Gave me the impression he would lose the ball whenever a defender marked him, even though he didn't.
His positioning during play is kind of weird and players seem to not prefer passing to him when he is in better positions.

vuji_31

Our players are positioned too much in midfield.
Sometimes it feels prime xavi and iniesta would not keep the ball.

There is no width, I feel like needle can't be fitted how much it is overcrowded.

xXKonan

I expect him to be good on the ball when he plays which for the most part hasn't let me down.

But honestly, I'm not surprised he struggled once he was subbed on. Bilbao has always been a physical team that is annoying as hell to play against and when you have Puig who isn't known for his physique yeah... He's going to have a hard time. It reminded me of when he played the Copa Del Rey game a year ago against Ibiza where he was struggling as they were doing a good job physically bullying him.

Games like that will be his Achilles heel.

fergus90

On the ball he was fine and the speed of our passing with him and Pjanic on the field was noticeably quicker.

He made 29 passes in 23 minutes compared to Pedri who made 34 in 90. But yeah Puig's game is based on us having the larger share of possession, quick give and goes, movement etc. The 50/50 end-to-end nature of a game isn't his strong suit.

serghei

On the ball he was fine and the speed of our passing with him and Pjanic on the field was noticeably quicker.

He made 29 passes in 23 minutes compared to Pedri who made 34 in 90. But yeah Puig's game is based on us having the larger share of possession, quick give and goes, movement etc. The 50/50 end-to-end nature of a game isn't his strong suit.

Good post. But the style he is good at also is Barca's style. There's a reason La Masia midfielders play that way. Possession football is our bread and butter. Going end to end like some EPL sides is not a good plan for the future imo.

Your post is why I don't think a loan would be ideal if he can find ways to play here. And he would play here more if not for Koeman's stubbornness.

JamDav1982

It is also a reason that a lot of La Masia players coming through in the end look over coached and one dimensional.

Too used to coming through system playing in one way winning week in week out then get to first team and have little edge but look tidy enough on ball which is not translating to first team level.

Nice players, nice lads but not enough about them too often. Lack individuality and character.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Was his own fault. Complained for so long because of nothing that he got a yellow after five minutes.
And his passing wasn't as sharp as usual.

Home of Barca Fans