Wearing Real Madrid Jersey during Clasico Camp Nou

lmulion03

Question - my good friend who'll be going with us to see El Clasico at Camp Nou is a Real Madrid fan and plans to wear his real Madrid shirt. We understand he may get a few boos here and there but will it be ok if he does so? Just don't want to start a riot or anything like that. Of course, he plans to be respectful and not obnoxious by any stretch.

Thanks!

agm2502

Last year I saw a Madrid fan in with the Barca supporters, there was a little bit of a scuffle at one point during the match that I recall, with some fans pulling his scarf off him but I'm not sure if the Madrid fan had done anything to incite the reaction. For the most part I think he'd be fine as long as he wasn't shouting abuse or winding up the Barca fans.

Neymessi

Last year I saw a Madrid fan in with the Barca supporters, there was a little bit of a scuffle at one point during the match that I recall, with some fans pulling his scarf off him but I'm not sure if the Madrid fan had done anything to incite the reaction. For the most part I think he'd be fine as long as he wasn't shouting abuse or winding up the Barca fans.

Also if I was him I wouldn't celebrate RM's goal too much if they score.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Common sense tells me not to do it... it can end badly. Why take such a risk? Just put the Real Madrid jersey under his jacket or smth, so noone sees.

Galning

Last season there was a Madridista wearing full Madrid outfit, scarf, hat, everything... stewards took him away before the game even started.

JamDav1982

The Classico I was at there were Madrid fans dotted about stadium and no one really cared bar if they got too vocal but it was clear as day who they were supporting.

Alarcón

Question - my good friend who'll be going with us to see El Clasico at Camp Nou is a Real Madrid fan and plans to wear his real Madrid shirt. We understand he may get a few boos here and there but will it be ok if he does so? Just don't want to start a riot or anything like that. Of course, he plans to be respectful and not obnoxious by any stretch.

Thanks!

Depends on where you'll be seated. It might be a problem behind the goal, where the vocal supporters are. If you're in the lateral section, odds are almost no one will really care, so it won't be a problem. He just shouldn't behave like a jerk, excessively cheer Madrid goals to make fans angry and whatnot. Then again, Barça will probably win by a large margin so I don't think he will get to cheer anyway.

Short: Sit in the lateral section and you won't have a problem.

lmulion03

Great thanks for all the comments and insight. From what I gather, as long as he behaves (doesn't excessively cheer, obnoxious, etc...), he should be fine. Best to sit in the lateral section. With that said, I'll let him know to take a sweater just in case he needs to cover up.

raskolnikov

Football fans are not the most sophisticated bunch of people. Surely this will end with him getting beaten up.
My gf got cursed out in Barcelona wearing a Madrid scarf.
Also back in 2003 I saw this Puyol lookalike wearing a rm shirt with Figo on the back of it get kicked of his bike.

lmulion03

thought I'd provide an update for future reference. Prior to entering the stadium, my friend got pushed, his ears played around with, called all sorts of vulgar names from afar and up close to his face and given advice by police officers to be careful. Regarding the push, we were outside watching cars enter the stadium when out of nowhere, a drunken fan comes and pushes him. They exchange a few heated words and left it at that. Regarding his ears played around with, after we exited the subway, we were walking to the stadium and we pass a bar with a crowd of drunk people. They started chanting "puta madrid, etc..." and then a guy comes up to him and starts playing with his ears - we quickly walked past it.

Once in the stadium, we were surrounded by Barcelona fans but nobody really took it too far. At most a few dirty looks but that's about it. We were in the Category Premium 1 section.

We only saw about 3 other Real Madrid shirts. Met one teenager who was a Real Madrid fan but what was covered up. After the game, saw these 2 Real Madrid girls get hounded by some more Barcelona fans but they quickly walked on by.

Home of Barca Fans