Date of birth: 18 January 1990
Nationality: Spain
Height: 1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)
Club: Real Madrid
Playing position: Defender

El Flaco

Asked about Los Blancos' season Nacho responded:

Piqué

"Piqué loves to talk, he loves the sound of his own voice, we all know that, he always talks about how much he enjoys the rivalry between Madrid and Barça, and is always trying to rile the madridistas, but I don't want to get involved in all that. I don't know why he's going on about titles when on May 28 it's us who'll be playing for the most important title of the season. We're focused on our job, the best way to shut him up will be to win the final".

Piqué mocking Cristiano during the Barça celebrations

"The questions are always about Pique, because he's always trying to needle Madrid and provoke a reaction. We're calm, let them do what they want up there, we're just focused on winning the Champions league".

Nacho's future

“Now's not the time to think about other teams, I have a contract at Real Madrid and in ten days we're playing a Champions League final, something that would be very nice to have in the trophy cabinet. I'm focused on Madrid, everything can be sorted out afterwards".

The wait for the final

“ It gets a bit heavy, all the waiting, becasue we all want the game to come so we can make the fans happy".

Prediction for the final

“Any positive result will do me".

Nacho's minutes, or lack of them on the pitch

“Those are decisions for the manager to make, first Benítez, now Zidane. I work as hard as I can to get into the Real Madrid first eleven, I'm not happy being 4th place centre-back. I always want mopre time on the pitch and I hope that they'll come with time”.

Two Madrid teams in the final

"I wish is could always be between madrileño teams, that'd be brilliant, but of course I'm proud”.

Zidane staying on?

“His numbers have been very good since he's come in, I can't say if he should continue or not, because that's not my decision, but of course, he's been brilliant".

http://en.as.com/en/2016/05/18/football/1463591459_549065.html

barcafan161

World Cup > European Cup > CL > Domestic League > EL > Domestic Cup > Club World Cup > Int. Supercup > Nat. Supercup > Uli Honess Cup

I’m sorry but the best team in Europe doesn’t always win the CL. Look at Real this year for example. Piss easy draw

A lot depends on the draw. Winning the league means more over a course of a season. That is the true proof of the best team.

khaled_a_d

I’m sorry but the best team in Europe doesn’t always win the CL. Look at Real this year for example. Piss easy draw

A lot depends on the draw. Winning the league means more over a course of a season. That is the true proof of the best team.

Doesn't make it less important .CL is right now the biggest tournament in the world of football .Woul actually argue against [MENTION=19371]Yannik[/MENTION] post that European Cup & World Cup being more important right now

Yannik

Maybe, but a CL win is undoubtly more prestigious and difficult than winning the domestic league, hence why teams are more likely to win their leagues, than the CL. It's the tournament where europes finest clash, the tournament is that competetive that noone even won it back-to-back yet.

Last edited:

serghei

NT trophies and club trophies don't mix. Apples and oranges really. Right now, the CL is the highest feat in club football, but it can be won in many ways, and not all of them might mean you are actually the best team in Europe. A final is played in 90 mins. of football. Not enough to actually derive the conclusion that whoever wins that game is better than the opponent. Better in 90 mins. does not mean better in that whole season. Not even better in 180 mins., considering how long a season of football actually is.

Sometimes a CL win is sign of European dominance, sometimes it isn't. But I'm sure most just want to win the damn thing and don't give a shit about being recognized as the best team in the world.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'll say it again. Winning CL without at least the league is a joke, but thats just my opinion.

Alik

NT trophies and club trophies don't mix. Apples and oranges really. Right now, the CL is the highest feat in club football, but it can be won in many ways, and not all of them might mean you are actually the best team in Europe. A final is played in 90 mins. of football. Not enough to actually derive the conclusion that whoever wins that game is better than the opponent. Better in 90 mins. does not mean better in that whole season. Not even better in 180 mins., considering how long a season of football actually is.

Sometimes a CL win is sign of European dominance, sometimes it isn't. But I'm sure most just want to win the damn thing and don't give a shit about being recognized as the best team in the world.

The whole prestige attached to winning the CL is the "European dominance". When that is not the case, the prestige attached to it is lost. It's still a big deal but, in my opinion, a CL on it's own is not more impressive than winning a top league and nor should it be considered so.

CuleLife4Life

I hate that Real may win it but lets be real, CL is the biggest trophy in European club football. Just like Copa Libradores is massive in South America.

Even Pique himself said so last month before Atleti eliminated us. Plus I listed to Nacho's comments. Its a lot more passive than the press is making it out to be. He is pretty much just saying they have to concentrate on winning the Champions League.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His goal today was a clear provocation to the opposition team, should be suspended or at least fined... Disgusting behaviour!

Home of Barca Fans