CL | 1/8: FC Barcelona - Arsenal 5-1 agg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
12/14/2015 12:00

Monday’s draw in Nyon, Switzerland pits the Catalans against the team they beat in the 2006 final in Paris, still managed by Arsène Wenger

DRAW.v1450090576.jpg

The draw has been made and FC Barcelona will be facing Premiership club Arsenal in the second round of this season’s Champions League
As reward for finishing top of their first round group, Barça will play the second leg at home.

So they’ll be playing the first leg at the Emirates Stadium in London on February 23rd and then the Camp Nou will host the return game on March 16th.

The other matches

The other seven ties drawn on Monday at midday in Nyon are as follows (team on the left will be at home for the first leg):
Roma v Real Madrid
Gent v Wolfsburg
PSV Eindhoven v Atlético Madrid
Dynamo Kyiv v Manchester City
Juventus v Bayern Munich
Paris St Germain v Chelsea
Benfica v Zenit St Petersburg

khaled_a_d

So correct me If I am wrong ,in the last 6 years our draw in 1/8 has been
2011:Arsenal
2012:Leverkusen
2013:Milan
2014:Man.City
2015:Man.City
2016:Arsenal
All with us being the top of the group :lol:

raskolnikov

So correct me If I am wrong ,in the last 6 years our draw in 1/8 has been
2011:Arsenal
2012:Leverkusen
2013:Milan
2014:Man.City
2015:Man.City
2016:Arsenal
All with us being the top of the group :lol:

Meanwhile Real have had:

2011: Lyon
2012: CSKa
2013: Manchester United
2014: Schalke
2015: Schalke

Them compare quarter finals:
Barca:
2011: Shaktar
2012: Milan
2013: Psg
2014: Atletico
2015: Psg

Real:
2011: spurs
2012: Apoel
2013: Galatasaray
2014: Dortmund
2015: Atletico

Its easy to predict who will get Wolfsburg and who will get Bayern or Psg.

these are Bayerns draws by the way:

1/8 draw:
2011: Inter
2012: Basel
2013: Arsenal
2014: Arsenal
2015: Shaktar
2016: Juve

Quarter finals:
2011: -
2012: Marseille
2013: Juve
2014: United
2015: Porto

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We avoided PSG and Juve so I am satisfied.
We always get strong opponents in last 6-7 years so drawing Arsenal is nothing surprising.

Horatio

You're welcome
Pretty good drawing. Arsenal not the weakest but not the strongest either. We might be able to trash them with a more attacked focused Barca + MSN.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Could have been PSG or Juve so not the worst possible draw :lol: Should be a good tie which hopefully won't cause us too many problems although anything can happen in football. Visca el Barca :barcascarf:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know about the fixture, I used to think it is good to play the away game first but after last season and seeing how many other ties turned out, I am starting to think it would be better to play at home first to establish a solid win and then just to get some away goals in the away game. Oh well. The winners of the groups all have to play the away game first.

Let's beat Arsenal!

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I don't know about the fixture, I used to think it is good to play the away game first but after last season and seeing how many other ties turned out, I am starting to think it would be better to play at home first to establish a solid win and then just to get some away goals in the away game. Oh well. The winners of the groups all have to play the away game first.

Let's beat Arsenal!

I also share that opinion. Playing the last game away is better because away goals can easily decide the whole thing.

raskolnikov

There should be a rule that when its tied after two games the extra time starts 0-0 with no away goal rule.
That way its better to play away first,and more fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans