Perfect XI ?

B

blueduck

This would be my Ideal team:

------------------Shay Given---------------------

Alves--------Terry-------Ferdinand-----Ashley Cole

Messi--------Essien--------Gerrard---------Iniesta

-------------Rooney---------Villa-----------------

I suppose I am a bit biased because Im English :)

What would your Perfect XI be ?

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
--------------------Given-----------------------------

Lahm---------Rio--------------Vida-----------------Evra

Ronaldo------------Xavi-----------Essien------------Messi

---------------------Rooney-------------Torres-----------

bench:Cassials Ramos Gerrad Ribery Inestia Villa Benzeema

B

blueduck

--------------------Given-----------------------------

Lahm---------Rio--------------Vida-----------------Evra

Ronaldo------------Xavi-----------Essien------------Messi

---------------------Rooney-------------Torres-----------

bench:Cassials Ramos Gerrad Ribery Inestia Villa Benzeema

Some good choices, Casillas would of been my third choice behind Cech.

Gerrard imo is the best centre mid in the world as he can do everything.

Vidic can have some shoccking games every now and then too.

Torres would of been my second choice too, or possibly Aguero.:D

Zqa-

Yes, but he's no where, not even friggin' near Casillas or Buffon. Heck, even Van der Sar is better if you ask me.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Some good choices, Casillas would of been my third choice behind Cech.

Gerrard imo is the best centre mid in the world as he can do everything.

Vidic can have some shoccking games every now and then too.

Torres would of been my second choice too, or possibly Aguero.:D

Thanks mate :cool:

i dunno i rate Casillas ahead of Cech really i wouldn't rate Cech that highly any more after his head injury he is dodgy under the high ball and crosses he can certainly be got at!

yeah i rate Gerrard highly but i rate Xavi and Essien more and id also have Inestia ahead of him in there too but Gerrard would be 4th in my list! i think Xavi and Essien would complement each other perfectly too!

the only two real bad games i remember him having in the past two seasons have been the two games against the scousers this season other then that he has been immense as you know from the match on Sunday ;)

Torres is the best striker in the World IMO and him and Rooney together would be near perfect strike combination IMO :cool:

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
My team:

------------------Van-Der-Sar--------------------

---------------------Essien----------------------

----------Gerrard--------------Iniesta-------------

Messi--------------------------------------Rooney

--------------------Torres------------------------

3 from ManU
3 from Barca
3 from chelsea
2 from liverpool

I can put Xabi Alonso at Iniesta's place.

Last edited:
B

blueduck

Thanks mate :cool:

i dunno i rate Casillas ahead of Cech really i wouldn't rate Cech that highly any more after his head injury he is dodgy under the high ball and crosses he can certainly be got at!

yeah i rate Gerrard highly but i rate Xavi and Essien more and id also have Inestia ahead of him in there too but Gerrard would be 4th in my list! i think Xavi and Essien would complement each other perfectly too!

the only two real bad games i remember him having in the past two seasons have been the two games against the scousers this season other then that he has been immense as you know from the match on Sunday ;)

Torres is the best striker in the World IMO and him and Rooney together would be near perfect strike combination IMO :cool:

As I am a City fan I should hate Rooney. But I would have him as the best forward in the world just ahead of Torres and Villa.

He gives 110% every game no matter what. He scores, sets up goals and can defend too.

The only bad things you could say are that he has a bit of a temper and should score about 5 more every season (oh and he looks like Shrek:lol:)

Vidic is a good player but he's too dirty, he makes fouls to get out of mistakes because he wasn't in the right position. Ferdinand helps him look a better player than he really is Imo.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
As I am a City fan I should hate Rooney. But I would have him as the best forward in the world just ahead of Torres and Villa.

He gives 110% every game no matter what. He scores, sets up goals and can defend too.

The only bad things you could say are that he has a bit of a temper and should score about 5 more every season (oh and he looks like Shrek:lol:)

Vidic is a good player but he's too dirty, he makes fouls to get out of mistakes because he wasn't in the right position. Ferdinand helps him look a better player than he really is Imo.

Yeah and as an Irish man and a United fan i was gutted to see Given go to you ;) he really will win fook all now ;):p

but i get what your saying and i agree i love Rooney :wub: but i think that if you take away his temper and his passion you take away alot of his game! i wouldn't change anything about him except maybe his consistency as he would go on a run of 10 games where he is untouchable then he would go through a bad patch of maybe 5 games and then be untouchable again after that etc

i dunno mate you picked Terry and you could argue that Carvalho makes terry look better ;) you've got to admit though he should have won the player of the year as Stephen Ireland should have won the young player of the year

B

blueduck

My team:

----------------------------Van-Der-Sar--------------------

-------------------------Essien----------------------

------------Gerrard-------------Iniesta---------------

Messi--------------------------------------Rooney

----------------------------Torres--------------------------

3 from ManU
3 from Barca
3 from chelsea
2 from liverpool

I can put Xabi Alonso at Iniesta's place.

Imo these are the best players in the world and should be in everyones top team without any arguements

B

blueduck

Yeah and as an Irish man and a United fan i was gutted to see Given go to you ;) he really will win fook all now ;):p

but i get what your saying and i agree i love Rooney :wub: but i think that if you take away his temper and his passion you take away alot of his game! i wouldn't change anything about him except maybe his consistency as he would go on a run of 10 games where he is untouchable then he would go through a bad patch of maybe 5 games and then be untouchable again after that etc

i dunno mate you picked Terry and you could argue that Carvalho makes terry look better ;) you've got to admit though he should have won the player of the year as Stephen Ireland should have won the young player of the year

I suppose, Vidic is without a doubt one of the best headers of the ball and can deal with crosses easily, but when quality players dribble towards him he just looks a bit clumsy imo

Terry is quality because he can head the ball as well as Vidic and is very consistent (except at taking peno's ;))

I can't make-up my mind on Van Der Sar, He can make some real "school boy errors" at times and United's defence means he doesn't have much to do. But to be fair he's there in the big games and makes the important saves.

B

beautifulgame

I can't believe the times we live in. A world of football where Terry is considered a top defender is absurd; makes me want to cry. He's not even the best defender in his team: Alex and Carvalho are miles ahead.

Home of Barca Fans