Stadium: BayArena
City: Leverkusen
Capacity: 30,000
Competition: Champions League
Referee: Mark Clattenburg(ENG)

19 man squad for FC Barcelona's trip to Bayer Leverkusen

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
12/07/2015 11:55

Luis Enrique has named announced his list of players for the game in Germany, Barça's final fixture in this season's Champions League group stage

FC Barcelona face their final game of the group stage of this season’s Champions League on Wednesday away from home against Bayer Leverkusen (8.45pm CET). Luis Enrique’s team have already claimed first place in Group E and after training on Monday, the coach named a squad of 19 players to travel to Germany on Tuesday:

Ter Stegen, Bravo, Masip, Rakitic, Sergio, Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Mascherano, Bartra, Munir, Jordi Alba, Sandro, Adriano, Vermaelen, Samper, Gumbau, Cámara
and Kaptoum.

Gerard Piqué and Andrés Iniesta are rested and stay behind in Barcelona, Dani Alves misses out due to suspension and Mathieu, Sergi Roberto, Douglas and Rafinha are all out due to injury.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Shame Roberto didn't make it.
Wonder if Messi will start? After all, it's a meaningless match.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Might be a meaningless game, but still want to avoid any embarrassing defeat. Adriano at RB is not what I wanted to see.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Messi should play, just for the sake of his form. If not the whole game, than the second half.

Want to see Munir and Sandro gain more confidence and would like to see Adriano and Samper play. Adriano just so we could rest someone and I want to see him in midfield, maybe he can be useful somehow.

F

Flavia

I'd start

[formation=barca,9]
MATS
0-0-BARTRA-0-VERM-0-0
ADRIANO-0-0-0-0-0-ALBA
0-0-0-MASCH-0-0-0
0-SAMPER-0-0-0-GUMBAU-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
MESSI-0-0-0-0-0-MUNIR
0-0-0-SANDRO-0-0-0
[/formation]

FC B

I'd start

[formation=barca,9]
MATS
0-0-BARTRA-0-VERM-0-0
ADRIANO-0-0-0-0-0-ALBA

0-0-0-MASCH-0-0-0
0-SAMPER-0-0-0-GUMBAU-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
MESSI-0-0-0-0-0-MUNIR
0-0-0-SANDRO-0-0-0
[/formation]

Good lineup, would do it the same except I'd rest Alba and even Masche if possible.
Pointless game so no need to worry about a potential harsh defeat since we'll field almost exclusively reserves and B team players. Voiding injuries would be my biggest concern.

Not sure if the best way for Messi to find his rhythm is to have him play with Munir, Sandro, Samper and Gumbau. I reckon he'll start though.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Time to give La Masia boys one final chance in CL. I would like to see Samper, Munir and Sandro to start. Bartra too. Good match for Roberto to come back to the team.

NotInHere

should be the main line up, while leverkusen doesnt hold much of a threat it should be nice little test away in their stadium

Home of Barca Fans