CL | Round 6 - E: Bayer Leverkusen - FC Barcelona 1-1

F

Flavia

Great match by MAtS. The rest... lol. Poor Messi. Every move he tried to start was wasted. Sandro and Munir were awful. Samper was erratic, but improved in the 2nd half. Bartra and Verm also both bad. Adriano terrible... Alba had a strange game. Kaptoum had a good game, Rakitic too.

ini4ever

well, i only vote for samper and sandro, rest have got nothing ... even their running-style shows they're not player. ( specially munir )

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Poor Bayer couldn't win against Barca B:lol: Lucho was like - I'll make it easier for you, - subs in Gumbau and Camara and they still can't win.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Good god that was awful. Hard to watch our back four tonight, just looked 6s and 7s on every attack. I've seen quite enough from Bartra and Adriano and I have serious doubts over Vermalen's qualities now too. A John Stones or Laporte is looking more attractive every time I watch Bartra slip and fall after he is caught flat footed by an ordinary dribble.

On the positive, MaTS omg. Felt bad for Bayer as he kinda single-handedly kept them out of the knockout rounds. Despite the porous back line, I was very impressed again by Samper. Made some great interceptions and clutch tackles when they were attacking with menace and his outlet ball was on point. Rakitic was excellent as well, played some great through balls and Messi looked sharper but visibly frustrated by the lack of quality between Sandro and particularly again Munir. Overall, I say Samper was the only youth player who did himself justice and showed potential to be a first team option tonight while almost every other fringe player, including Verm and Adriano, did not look good. Hell I'd have taken Lord Douglas over Adriano tonight.

January will be kind to us though, and we will get a big boost from both Aleix and Arda. Aleix, at least from what he showed at Sevilla, has potential to bench Alves which is why I think he has been playing so strongly recently because he knows the RB spot is up for grabs right now and guys, Arda as a CM will put this team over-the-top. MSN are going to have a field day with his service and I'd personally would like to see how he links up with Iniesta. While definitely more offensive than what Lucho probably prefers, I think Iniesta-Busi-Turan would be devastating in possession.

We are almost there guys, hard to think we have done this well despite the ban and our injury plague, but we topped the group and La Liga before January. Sitting very pretty at the moment.

raskolnikov

Mats Alba and Messi were the only ones I liked from the regulars, Raketic was below par. The rest was either mediocre or below par (except for Samper).

Home of Barca Fans