-
FCB.v1319559431.png

Date: Saturday, 5/12/2015 20:30
Stadium: Mestalla
City: Valencia
Capacity: 55,000
Competition: League
Referee: Jaime Latre(aragonese comitee)

Valencia just changed coaches, going thru a bit of turbulence, and it's a dangerous time to play them. Players are always motivated when the coach changes. They are 9th in the table, and lost the last match to Sevilla, 1-0. Javi Fuego and Joao Cancelo were red carded vs Sevilla and won't face Barça.

Last encounters:

2012-2013
Valencia CF 1 - 1 FC Barcelona

2013-2014
Valencia CF 2 - 3 FC Barcelona

2014-2015
Valencia CF 0 - 1 FC Barcelona

serghei

Can't wait. We win this and we're golden. ;) No hard games until Espanyol away when we can use Arda and Vidal as well.

raskolnikov

I dont like us playing teams who just fired their coach. Now, Neville isnt coaching I think so it will propably be a coachless team coming up against el tridente.
In my opinion we should always aim for a 95 point season, so if we could get 47 points after 19 games given the situation/schedule it would be perfect.
33 points now, 3 easy home games, 3 away games (Valencia, Espanyol, Gijon postponed to february). We can basically draw twice and still be on track. Winning this match would be a big one therefore since its the most difficult away game.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Basically everyone is rested, we'll play with our strongest line-up and go full throttle on them, I can't see them stopping us.

serghei

We have +6 over Real, +4 over Atletico and both games against our rivals to be played on Camp Nou, with very high chances of owning the h2h over both. If we are smart, this league is ours. Lucho will not let it slip.

If we don't have major injuries to key players, then things are looking good. And with Arda and Vidal joining us, I really think this is our league to lose.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at our past games at Mestalla, we never were comfortable.
Form in these games is often shadowed by motivation and bats always come out against Barca.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
A win here would be amazing ! And I think we can do it, rested best 11 and boom!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Must win. A loss after five Ronaldo tap-ins vs. Getafe would be day ruined for me.

Edit: Same ref as in the game against Malaga. Reading that match thread again, he didn't do a very good job at all. Typical.

Last edited:

Catalan Fan

A point wouldn't be a disaster.

I know on current form we might expect a decent win but it's a hostile ground and they will be motivated.Fingers crossed !

FinBarcelonafan

Looking at our past games at Mestalla, we never were comfortable.
Form in these games is often shadowed by motivation and bats always come out against Barca.

Exactly. Valencia played great game vs us last season. They also got points from Real, which basically guaranteed our league win. Valencia is one of the top teams in La Liga. We better come out hard, because they ceretainly will.

Barcadub

We can't afford another away loss before the new year.

The 2 games last year where absolute nail biters but they have struggled this year being involved in the champions league.

We should have too much for them. Let's not let our 2 rivals back into the race. If we keep losing away games, we won't win the league.

barcafan161

You know with their new coach watching they will come out strong just need to weather the storm;)

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Valencia players to miss the game against Barcelona; Diego Alves, Negredo, Rodrigo Moreno, Barragán, Mustafi, André Gomes, Cancelo, Orbán, Javi Fuego and Feghouli.

It would be a disaster losing points against this Valencia side. Not to mention the massive boost for RM. First thrashing Getafe as usual, then watching us drop points with them getting up our neck again. This could be THE deciding game right here.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans