Barca destroys Roma 6-1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona turned up another fantastic performance at Camp Nou and thrashed Roma 6-1 and thus secured top spot in Group E of the Champions League.

2309783_w2.jpg

1-0

Blaugrana only had to wait 15 minutes to break the deadlock as Lionel Messi – starting his first game in two months – easily sprung the Lupi’s offside trap to square the ball in their box for a Luis Suarez tap-in.

2-0

Barca then doubled their advantage three minutes later, Neymar and Suarez deftly linking up, before Messi, found in the Roma area with a clipped through ball, lifted a finish over Wojciech Szczesny.

3-0

The one-way traffic continued for the remainder of the half, and the result was all but put away in the 44th minute when Suarez volleyed home an exquisite effort from the edge of the area that left Szczesny with no chance.

4-0

Barca’s onslaught continued after the restart as Pique made it 4-0 in the 56th minute. Messi found the Spanish defender wide open in the middle of the penalty area as Roma’s defence was nowhere to be found.

5-0[/]

Suarez was again playmaker four minutes later after Neymar found him in the area to set up Messi, who finished off his own rebound for this second goal.

6-0

Barca final goal came after Neymar’s penalty was saved by Szczesny in the 76th minute, only for Adriano to lash the rebound into the top corner to complete the 6-0 rout.

6-1

Dzeko’s penalty with under 10 minutes remaining was saved by Ter Stegen, though he managed to fire home a consolation goal before the final whistle was blown.

frog-fcb

If we keep.up these performances how long to teams start forefitting against us so they only get -3 goal difference

Catalan Fan

As things stand, everything is going not only well, but probably better than we could of reasonably expected considering the patchy results and injuries we incurred earlier on.

Injuries and suspensions could still dent our ambitions, especially given the lack of squad depth so I'm personally not getting carried away just yet.

Great back to back results but we've still got a long way to go (in all 3 competitions). :thumbsup:

Altomonte

It is almost scary to watch Barça right now. With Messi back the team looks unbeatable. I think Pep's Bayern is the only possible threat.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Roma coach Rudi Garcia:

“What can we say? They are a stratospheric side and unbeatable. We needed a miracle and it didn't happen. At this moment they are unplayable,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“Nothing changes, as we still need to beat BATE Borisov if we want to reach the Round of 16. That’s all there is to it. The good news arrived before it even kicked off, as BATE Borisov and Bayer Leverkusen drew 1-1, so it means we have destiny at our feet.

“Barcelona scored some great goals, just look at the third from Luis Suarez, they are full of champions and nobody can stop them at the moment.

“I am not remotely worried. Obviously nobody likes to lose, but this is nothing like the defeat we had to Bayern Munich. We arrived with a lot of humility and could’ve taken the lead, but undeniably Barcelona are the stronger side.

“We could’ve scored earlier and been a bit more closed up. I tried everything, we pressed them right away, but even with everyone back we conceded two goals.

“If Edin had scored early on, I still trust we would’ve lost the game eventually. We lost the ball too quickly. After the break I changed system, trying to press and stop all the balls coming in behind the defence, but in the end nothing changed.

“I have nothing to reproach my players for, other than we should’ve used the ball better in the first half and could’ve scored, but winning here was impossible.

“The result and above all Barcelona’s performance shows even more how good our first meeting with them was and how precious the 1-1 draw proved to be.

“As I said, Barcelona are in the clouds right now and we didn’t need this show of strength to know that. We are far away from that level, but they are probably the best team in the world. We won't be the last side to concede six here.

“I am disappointed, obviously, there is bitterness to have lost with this scoreline, but in the end we must only focus on beating Atalanta in Serie A and above all BATE Borisov.

“I was able to rest Daniele De Rossi and Radja Nainggolan, who were a booking away from suspension, so we’ll have them for the decisive match.

“I also got to rest Alessandro Florenzi and Miralem Pjanic in the second half.”

Home of Barca Fans