Can Barca be the first team to defend the CL crown?

Will this Barca be the first team to defend their CL crown?

• Yes

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No team will ever achieve that

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

dakt

Well then RM fans should massively bet on it, I'm sure the value is HUGE given as they NEVER came even close.

Like I said, this time last year we were in total mess:
#noMidfield
#LuchoOut (in full shame I was also screaming that)
#noRotations
#Hazard>Neymar
#IniestaIsOld
#RMisWiningEverything

6 points ahead. That's very good, but as wiseman Lucho said many times over the last season. "Judge me when season is over."

ManusXavi

Season is long.
RM fans used to say that they will win treble last season winning 22 games in a row until January.
So fans be patient until January, race is a real start after the winter.

Real Madrid in:
January: We're going to win the Treble
March: We're going to win the Double
April: We're going to win the Champions League
May: We've won 10 European Cups

barcafan161

Like I said, this time last year we were in total mess:
#noMidfield
#LuchoOut (in full shame I was also screaming that)
#noRotations
#Hazard>Neymar
#IniestaIsOld
#RMisWiningEverything

6 points ahead. That's very good, but as wiseman Lucho said many times over the last season. "Judge me when season is over."

True it's a very long season afterall, that said I can't imagine getting worse not with who we have available in january.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Ok Ok, so here it is for the records :

IF real madrid wins the treble I will stop watching football for one entire season.

/me renewing BeIn Sports membership for next season :D

khorne

I'd say it's still too early to tell, we don't even know who we'll potentially face on the road to the final and. Also, we are incredible now, but just for perspective, in what kind of state were we exactly one year ago and how did things turn out in the end? half a year is a long time in football.

Just my gut feeling, but even if we keep this form, i'd still say we won't win it back to back, simply because luck and circumstance play such a huge role in winning a cl. People tend to underestimate that, because when you win they tend to remember only the results and not how many close shaves a team has had on the road.

I'll probably never forget that moment when bendter was free to score on us in the 87th minute and mascherano made that last ditch tackle. Which happened in 2011 when we were arguably the best team in the history of club football. If mascherano is just one second too late, instead of having this incredible dominant cl win, we go out in the round of 16, against arsenal. By a goal from nicklas bendtner. Let that sink in for a moment, that's almost parallel universe level of different outcomes.

Just my gut feeling, but even if we keep this form, i'd still say we won't win it back to back, simply because luck and circumstance play such a huge role in winning a cl. People tend to underestimate that, because when you win they tend to remember only the results and not how many close shaves a team has had on the road.

We didn't have any moment like this in our last CL campaign though.
And the 2011 team had its weak moments, while having an insane peak and being the best passing team ever, I don't think it was as consistent as the 2015 one.

StarLord

Well, I voted yes. I still maintain that odds are against us and form only counts in May but this team can do it.

Of course the odds are against us.

We are one of the very top favorites though. That's for sure.

What concerns me at this stage is that we are again facing another tough draw at the Last 16 stage. United, City, Arsenal, PSG all potential opponents at a very early stage.

Hate to break it to you but this has already been done by Real, Benfica, Inter, Ajax, Bayern, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and AC Milan.

Oops I forgot football was invented in 1992.

Old European Cup was child's play compared to the current Champions League. You could have a semi or a quarter back then against the Swiss or Bulgarian champions. Or a final against some Swedish or Greek team.

The real deal begun in 2000, when 3/4 teams from the top leagues were allowed to compete every season.

We didn't have any moment like this in our last CL campaign though.
And the 2011 team had its weak moments, while having an insane peak and being the best passing team ever, I don't think it was as consistent as the 2015 one.

That is very accurate.

And I would also add that the 2015 team faced much tougher opponents than the 2011 one (only Real Madrid were really top quality from our CL opponents that year) and in fact won much more comfortably. While the 2011 team was more aesthetic and consistent in its play, the 2015 team (as is the current one) was much more efficient and lethal to the opponent.

Nucky

Maybe we were't that good.
Or... Because Di Stefano (guy who won Real half the CL trophies) was stolen from Barca.

And because back then only champions of the league played European Cup. It doesn't really matter what happend 50 years ago. Since 1992 we won the CL 5 times. 5 titles in 23 years.

BBZ8800

55 fans said yes.
3 fans said no.

This is what happens always in Barca's history.

We are f***ing way too confident.
That is exactly how we played today.

Home of Barca Fans