Can Barca be the first team to defend the CL crown?

Will this Barca be the first team to defend their CL crown?

• Yes

Votes: 55 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No team will ever achieve that

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Real are ordinary under Benitez. Chelsea would have their way with Madrid right now. UTD would scare the shit out of them, especially over 2 legs. Hell, I'd fancy even City over them and they are god awful in Europe.

It's fire sale time for them so they can give Zidane a warchest to build his own team. I'm sure the players know this and the mercenary mentality they take towards squad building is exploding in their face.

It's either Barça or Diet Barça this year guys.

We'll see, inb4 I told you so :wave:

serghei

Bayern having a better defence than us is a myth. Last time I checked they received 10 goals in 4 games against Barca and Real in the last two years. They need to prove that "our defence is better" thing outside Germany. Even Porto scored them 3 goals last year. City, as well, they scored them 3, Arsenal could have very well scored them 3 goals on the Emirates this year.

Neymessi

If we are plagues by injuries then it won't count.But if we have close to a fully fit side for most of the CL.I think its really difficult to beat us specially over 2 legs.

raskolnikov

I always feel we were cheated out this happening already. Should have clearly happened in the pep era. But its definitely possible.
At this moment we look much stronger than anyone. Al the Italian teams are not on this level (Juve went down in the summer), English teams are not there ( Chelsea is the only one but they suck badly, City isnt ready, United/Arsenal wont make it), Psg aint ready, Dortmund went down massively compared to 2013. Atletico seem weaker than in 2014 and we have their number anyway. RM is the only side that could potentially compete and they are lost and stuck with Benitez.
Only team thats really on our level is Bayern.

Obviously you need luck and as of the quarter finals anyone can beat anyone. But its only 5 games, get by two times and win a final... easier said than done but given everything the chance is quite big of course.
I'm hoping for a Bayern vs barca final. Defending the crown of the c as the first team would be fitting for the best club since the cl era started.

raskolnikov

Underestimating RM is never good,especially in the CL. We're probably the most consistent team in CL, how many years in a row did we make at least the semi-final? Not to mention that last 4 (or 5) coaches lost the first Clasico when they took over.

You have been lucky with the draw imo. It fees to me that way though, always easy opponents in second round ko and quarter final.
Talking post 8 years of trauma of course.

11: Lyon-Spurs
12: CSKA-Apoel
13: United-Galatasaray
14: Schalke-Dortmund
15: Schalke-Atletico

All easy bar United where the ref jumped in, raided Dortmund which just came short and just edging out Atletico for the only time that season.

Bayern and Barca been the strongest teams of that time period.
If Real get their act together you could definitely win, seems unlikely with Benitez though, but same could be said abous us last season.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Repeating the CL would be cool, but you know what's better ? Repeating a treble :D

On a more serious note, season is still very long but i'm very optimistic, on all fronts.

Darko

It's literally between us and Bayern, and Bayern are still to prove they can handle a counter attacking team of Barca's quality.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
It-s funny how everybody is writing off RM after 1 terrible performance(sure we had some mediocre one but only 1 awful one). We can still come back stronger and you never know, another coach might be leading us in January. If Chelsea won it in 2012, do you honestly think RM can't?

Vlom

It-s funny how everybody is writing off RM after 1 terrible performance(sure we had some mediocre one but only 1 awful one). We can still come back stronger and you never know, another coach might be leading us in January. If Chelsea won it in 2012, do you honestly think RM can't?

#Remontada ... we've seen this movie before.. so many times!

Well, RM is 3rd favourite according to all the bookies, so of course it's possible, it's still RM, but honestly, I believe you're the weakest of the strong ones, PSG or City could easily knock out.

diDi7

SMH thought this was gonna be an easy poll when I read the thread title. Obviously the poll question is much more difficult to answer. Of course they can, but as a Bayern fan I sincerely hope they won't!

barcafan161

Underestimating RM is never good,especially in the CL. We're probably the most consistent team in CL, how many years in a row did we make at least the semi-final? Not to mention that last 4 (or 5) coaches lost the first Clasico when they took over.

They need some changes to be in a position to win it.

They are a threat of course but a likely win it? not right now

dakt

Luck is huge factor in CL. No need to get carried away by RM defeat....we weren't much better this time last year either and we all know what happened later.
RM can still win treble if you ask me. We can still lose every trophy. But the question is can we do it? Yes we can.

Vlom

Luck is huge factor in CL. No need to get carried away by RM defeat....we weren't much better this time last year either and we all know what happened later.
RM can still win treble if you ask me. We can still lose every trophy. But the question is can we do it? Yes we can.

Well then RM fans should massively bet on it, I'm sure the value is HUGE given as they NEVER came even close.

silvia

Season is long.
RM fans used to say that they will win treble last season winning 22 games in a row until January.
So fans be patient until January, race is a real start after the winter.

Home of Barca Fans