Which league to play if Catalonia gain independence

Which league to play if Catalonia gain independence

• Total voters

Ubermensch

Stay in La Liga. If not, move to Ligue 1.

that won't happen anyway

My thoughts exactly as with Laporta. I am also thinking a European Super League though very improbable. But I am not sure if the French football circle will ready to embrace us if we were really kicked out from La Liga. While our joining them surely brings a huge benefits, there are inevitably impacts on some of their own interests. Hope someone lives in France gives your opinion.

Last edited:
L1 would welcome Barca, of course. Moving from la liga would be a setback for both club and liga so I think the law will be changed

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Oh my god watching the L1 would be torture ... and we'll still have Messi vs Cristiano :lol:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
As the Catalonian independence has never been more imminent, as usual, one of Madrid government's threatening words is that Barca could be kicked out from La Liga. As a result, someone suggested that we could play in Ligue 1. What do you say?

Those treats are bullshit, LFP just renegociated TV rights etc and you can bet that would be renegociated for much much lower if Barcelona leaves LaLiga, they talk a big talk, but they have more to lose than Barça does.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If the Spanish Government are smart, they will offer Catalunya a great deal of autonomy right NOW.

.....which they won't because being the SOBs they are, they'll just do something despicable instead and mess up even more.

Galning

IF Catalonia gains independence in the near future I can't see them staying in La Liga as Spain will be too salty. So I voted Ligue 1. All of these things are very unlikely though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think independence is happening. I read that no more than 50% of Catalonians support independence even though the pro-independence party made the loudest noise.

King5Puyi

I don't think independence is happening. I read that no more than 50% of Catalonians support independence even though the pro-independence party made the loudest noise.

Mind answering a question or two? Sorry if they're stupid, way out of my depth with foreign political issues.

What are the dominating factors in the Cons list for independence movement for the Catalonian citizens?

Is there anything for the Spanish Govt/Citizens to gain if Catalonia actually gains independence?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It's an unpopular opinion as a Barcelona fan but I hope they don't gain independence, but if they do I'd still like them to play in La Liga, or if that's not possible then Ligue 1

Oh my god watching the L1 would be torture ... and we'll still have Messi vs Cristiano :lol:

At least Messi would finally make it in another league :pep:

Moving to another league would be extremely detrimental to the liga... No doubt barca wouldn't go willingly and I don't think any legal precedent is set up to resolve the UEFA ranking problems that would issue.

Last edited:

Ubermensch

What are the dominating factors in the Cons list for independence movement for the Catalonian citizens?

Freedom! Free from Madrid's suppression, unfair policies. Control their own fate including army, finances, education, etc. And mind you, Messi won't be persecuted again and again for his tax issue. Same as Neymar's transfer issue as well.

Is there anything for the Spanish Govt/Citizens to gain if Catalonia actually gains independence?

Absolutely nothing.

Alik

It's an unpopular opinion as a Barcelona fan but I hope they don't gain independence, but if they do I'd still like them to play in La Liga, or if that's not possible then Ligue 1

Being a Barça fan doesn't mean you have to support the independence movement, though.

And yes, I would prefer them to stay in La Liga too.

Home of Barca Fans