El Clasico: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 0-4

Darko

Considering how many chances PSG and Sevilla created and how Madrid only won the first game because of Trapp's mistake, you'd think people would be more positive around here.

Neymessi

Of course RM will up their game but so will we.And with benz out(?) and ramos out,we can beat them at their home.Suarez and ney are playing really well and our team is more in coordination than theirs.Their main man is at its peak worst right now.And bale has been average for a long time now.Losing to such a struggling side is something I really don't expect.A draw is the absolute minimum for me but it has been sometime since a classico ended in a draw and it looks like this will end with some winner and we are good enough to be that.

mazp

Keep in my mind were playing right after the international break. Injuries and fatigue could be key. Bad timing for Barca, as they were finally getting into rhythm.

dostoevskij

they have their whole offensive (Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Bale,Benzema, Penaldo,) staying in Madrid for two weeks preparing for clasico, while we have only two out of 6 (Suarez, Sergio Roberto) here. on the other ahnd if Ramos wont make it, or if he plays with a f... up shoulder, they miss their power in the back, but still with the first factor in mind i wol also go for a draw!!!

NotInHere

Madrid is wounded, the last time we confronted them when they won 3-1 during our first meet up they were in a much better form, this is when we should strike

Pretty confident and even more if Messi subs in 2nd half

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We lost to struggling Sevilla who also played without some important players.

As someone already said, form means little in Clasico. If anything, hosts will be fired up and we could be complacent (see Neymar bragging already). Also, the Brazilian will surely come back tired after 2 qualifiers and with no time to recuperate.

I predict Modrić, Kroos, James (Isco) dominate midfield and Barca depending on staying calm at the back and hopefully converting counters.

Btw. Someone mentioned Barca being favorites. Maybe us as fans can think so but bookies picked Madrid and I agree.

StarLord

As someone already said, form means little in Clasico. If anything, hosts will be fired up and we could be complacent (see Neymar bragging already). Also, the Brazilian will surely come back tired after 2 qualifiers and with no time to recuperate.

I predict Modrić, Kroos, James (Isco) dominate midfield and Barca depending on staying calm at the back and hopefully converting counters.

Agreed.

I would be happy with a draw.

Moreover, will Messi be remotely ready for such a huge game?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Got a bad feeling about the game. I think they will overrun our midfield which will have a hard time supporting Neymar and Suarez, who will struggle to get past Navas, argubly the best goalkeeper in the world at this moment. I think we will lose the game 1:0 or 2:1.

Neymessi

Btw. Someone mentioned Barca being favorites. Maybe us as fans can think so but bookies picked Madrid and I agree.

That was not bragging.Amazing how you call that bragging and being him "complacent" specially with those quotes.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Got a bad feeling about the game. I think they will overrun our midfield which will have a hard time supporting Neymar and Suarez, who will struggle to get past Navas, argubly the best goalkeeper in the world at this moment. I think we will lose the game 1:0 or 2:1.

If konoplyanka could destroy their right flank like he did I see no reason whatsoever why Neymar can't.

About Navas, sure he's great, but remember Bravo was even better last season up until the clasico, it means nothing, Navas hasn't faced MSN yet... he's in for a big surprise if they have a good day, not even Neuer could contain them :)

i_bleed_blaugrana

The midfield battle will be a good parameter of any progress we've made in game management, something we lacked at times last season. Ronaldo looks terrible right now, Messi being injured has done more for Barça than Ronaldo has for Madrid so far. Sure, they are going to try and turn up and we are going to miss Messi and I'd argue more Rakitic's abscence a lot but I'm not convinced at all of Benitez's setup so far. With how ragged their left side was run by Sevilla last weekend and the injuries they have, I don't see them keeping a clean sheet. Benitez organizes his teams not to concede but their offense looks lost without Benzema. When I read back in July that Benitez was going to try Ronaldo as a 9, I knew they were going to run into this problem with link-up. He's recently tried Bale there now and he hasn't a clue and Ronaldo just runs and I'm sure the concept of playing with his back to the goal just seems like Thai to him.

Last year, Madrid went unbeaten through January and Ancelotti's team were much more dynamic and fluid offensively and solid defensively. We played a much stronger team in both legs and in the first leg, it was Suarez's first game with the team.

As far as midfield being overrun, it won't be as noticeable as say the 2-1 at the Camp Nou because their offense looks so blunted with Benitez's tinkerings and the Benz investigation (which is a shame). Busi and Iniesta have looked really good recently, so between them I'd say them and Modric and Kroos cancel out. Isco/James vs. Roberto is clear on paper but Roberto is scrappy and that's a good characteristic to have in these types of matches so he can at least do a job, keep either Isco/James quiet with Busi and let Iniesta have space to attack and roam the final third. I also fancy Roberto above Casemiro if he plays too.

All and all, I think we can win big and have a good feeling about this one. Neymar looks inspired and unplayable at the moment. Barring an off match or god for bid an injury over the break, I don't see how they could stop him from doing damage, particularly if Ramos isn't fit and can't neutralize Suarez to allow the rest of the back line to focus on Neymar.

ManusXavi

I'm more concerned about Busquet's stamina than Iniesta's. I don't think our midfield will lose against Madrids midfield overall. Neymar and Suarez eat most goalkeepers. I don't feel that Navas will put on as much of a challenge as Courtois did during his time at Atletico de Madrid. He is going to have to match that.

silvia

I am concerned with Busquets, Rakitic, Messi, their lack of rotation.
Even so, we should plan to win this.
Rumours states that Perez is planning on galatico 3rd and sell Ronaldo and Benzema, buy De Gea. Its dressing room atmosphere might be horrible.
Neymar and suarez will eat up Ramos, its defense will be shaky, they will play very defensive but it will be still shaky. If we can rest Leo, it will be more beneficial.
A win is going to be so sweet, Visca el barcaaaaaaàaaaaaaaa :barcascarf:

BarcaOG

Banned
I have a good feeling about this one, even without Messi. Neymar and Suarez are on top form and there are some big questions around Madrid at the moment. Of course, a clasico is a clasico and nothing is guaranteed, but I feel better about this one than about others before. Vamos Barca!

Home of Barca Fans