Planning to watch home game with a 1 1/2 year old

reindeers

Hi guys,

We are travelling to Barcelona in May and are am hoping to watch the home fixture against Espanyol on the 8th.

I had a look into the website and tickets are already available. I did research on bringing kids to Camp Nou but unsure if a ticket is required for a 1 1/2 year old since she will probably be sitting on my lap most of the time.

Would really appreciate input from fans who've done this? Not the most ideal scenario, but my wife and I have no choice but to bring her.

Also, would it be advisable to purchase tickets that are available now on the site? I have been reading up on it but I am getting confused as I have read some opinions of getting tickets quite easily and also reading some where it is quite difficult to get 2 seats that are together.

Really appreciate the help guys!

moreino

I'm afraid you have to buy a ticket for the child. She could sit on your lap, but a ticket is required.
Entry for children was free (without any ticket) until 2013, when a new policy was applied (club members can still apply for free tickets to children).
There are confusing information on the website right now (for example regarding age) so you may ask the club. You may not get a reply via email within a month though.

For normal games you could buy ticket just before kick-off (usually there are many seats together as time progresses and season ticket holders release their seats) but the Espanyol game is the last home game in the season so it could be a sold out game or an uninteresting one (if there is no chance for final victory). I would check the number of available tickets periodically.

reindeers

Thanks for that mate! I guess I will just really have to check the site periodically.

How impossible is it to get 2 seats that are together?

Also, since children just simply need a ticket to enter but will be sitting on my lap for most of the match, do I need to purchase tickets in the same section? :)

moreino

Usually it's easier to get seats together just ahead of the game. Just checked for example the game against Sociedad in November and the game against Celta in February, two random sectors 432 and 437, and there are seats together for the November game while no seats together for the February game. But this is for normal games (won't be sold outs).

I think you can buy ticket for a different sector for your child. You would bring her in your arms I suppose so probably you don't even need to scan her ticket (I could be wrong on this) but you will show to the steward (there are many of them, at every gate) that you paid a ticket for her as well. Maybe he/she will ask to scan her ticket at the turnstile. I don't have any experience whether the gate gives green light to a ticket for a sector completely in a different corner of the stadium, but I suspect stewards would handle the situation.

Maybe someone else will have up to date information about this issue as I brought my children when it was completely free.

reindeers

Change of plans, we will be able to leave the little one with the grandparents. So my wife and I will be free to watch the match. Was already able to purchase 2 tickets a seat apart in the Tribuna 1 Central section, will just have to sweet talk the guy in between to swap hehe. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Appreciate the responses moreino!

Last edited:

afifaadam

Usually it's easier to get seats together just ahead of the game. Just checked for example the game against Sociedad in November and the game against Celta in February, two random sectors 432 and 437, and there are seats together for the November game while no seats together for the February game. But this is for normal games (won't be sold outs).

I think you can buy ticket for a different sector for your child. You would bring her in your arms I suppose so probably you don't even need to scan her ticket (I could be wrong on this) but you will show to the steward (there are many of them, at every gate) that you paid a ticket for her as well. Maybe he/she will ask to scan her ticket at the turnstile. I don't have any experience whether the gate gives green light to a ticket for a sector completely in a different corner of the stadium, but I suspect stewards would handle the situation.

Maybe someone else will have up to date information about this issue as I brought my children when it was completely free.

you are just saying about November game and Februry game.are u sure the month policies are different like you say that there are seats together for the November game while no seats together for the February month??i am little bit confused

moreino

you are just saying about November game and Februry game.are u sure the month policies are different like you say that there are seats together for the November game while no seats together for the February month??i am little bit confused
No policies here. Just the way tickets are released... Most of the season ticket holders that won't attend a game release their seats for that game just a couple of days/weeks before (or maybe they release their seats way sooner but the club does not put them into sale for whatever reason).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Struggled with this idea for the upcoming Atletico match with my 3 1/2 year old but the match kickoff time being late and the idea that a child could sit still for nearly 2 hrs is optimistic I think...next year

blastandburn

Yes, best if you leave the kid at home (with supervision). This will make you enjoy the game more and get your kid more comfortable.

Home of Barca Fans