City: Barcelona
Capacity: 99,786
Competition: Champions League
Referee: István Vad(Hungary)

Injured: Messi, Rafinha, Douglas

Focus switches back to the Champions League

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
11/02/2015 12:15

FC Barcelona first team trains at the Ciutat Esportiva with an eye on Wednesday's visit of BATE Borisov

After taking Sunday off following the win at Getafe, the FC Barcelona first team was back at work on a blustery, drizzly Monday morning at the Ciutat Esportiva, with manager Luis Enrique’s attention now switching to Wednesday’s visit of BATE Borisov for the fourth game in Champions League Group E.

Gerard Gumbau, Joan Campins, David Babunski, Aitor Cantalapiedra and Sergi Palencia, all of Barça B, also joined the session, as did Paik of the U19 squad.
The team has just one more training session, on Tuesday morning, before the 8.45pm CET kick-off the following day at the Camp Nou.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Another must win game.

Aren't they all ? :)

But true indeed, not expecting anything other than a win here, leverkuzen and roma after this one won't be easy, we should absolutely get the 3pts here.

Galning

Aren't they all ? :)

But true indeed, not expecting anything other than a win here, leverkuzen and roma after this one won't be easy, we should absolutely get the 3pts here.

No not really. The first place could already be secured for example and that'd make the game a good opportunity for youngsters and squad rotations. But I understand what you're saying, most of Barça's games are indeed must win :p

Darko

Should be an easy win and a good time to rotate, I just don't see BATE getting anything out of this game.

PhilS

I hope Iniesta can go for an hour in this one, this is a good game for him to shed some rust.

Ter Stegen
Sergi Roberto Pique Mathieu Alba
Busquets
Rak Iniesta
Pick one Suarez Neymar

Bring on Alves for Iniesta when he starts to fade. Get a good lead, take off a couple more stars.

barcanuck

[MENTION=16303]PhilS[/MENTION] - Masche going for sure in this one as he can't play in the league for 2 games.

SocalBarcaFan

[MENTION=16303]PhilS[/MENTION] - Masche going for sure in this one as he can't play in the league for 2 games.

Yep, good call. Think it should be in the midfield too in order to get Vermaelen and or Batra some min at CB. Might be too risky but I might think of resting Neymar or Suarez for this game too.

PhilS

Great, looking forward to seeing him at CB. Mathieu was really good last game, but Pique Masch is still the best pair.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Joan Campins, Aitor Cantalapiedra, Sergi Palencia, Paik.
Any good?

Campins and Palencia are rightbacks, Aitor is a forward, Paik is a midfielder. They're all pretty good. Don't know how Campins has been since his return from injury though.

ManusXavi

Alves ,Mache, Vermaelen, Alba
Samper
Roberto, Iniesta
Neymar
Sandro, Munir

Campins or Palencia sub Alves
Rafinha or Rakitic sub Iniesta
Suarez sub Neymar

Mido

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-Bartra-0-0-Vermaelen-0-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-0
0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-Iniesta-0-0
Sandro-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

If we lead of course :
55-60 min : Roberto in for Iniesta
65-70 min : Busquets in for Rakitic
70-80 min : Munir in for Sandro

Busquets needs to rest a little bit in my opinion and he will be needed against Villareal.

Villareal should be a nice game to prepare our classic Rakitic--Busquets--Iniesta midfield for El Classico. But no game should be overloooked, let's beat Bate.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans