Jamie Vardy

serghei

It is, but then I suppose many strikers would have been capable of it were they not already playing for a top six side themselves.

Who's stopping that player to score an own goal?
Ronaldo for example took care of that in La Liga by scoring against Real Madrid. :coffee:

clemente

One of the best stories in football. His fitness levels are also interesting considering he isn't the healthiest lad

Jenks

Elite genes. It's like he doesn't age. He's still blisteringly fast and has lungs to run for days.

One thing I remember reading was that he does much less weight work in the gym than most Premier League forwards, because he believes that it negatively affects his speed and agility. I'm guessing that extra weight would take more of a toll on your body too.

EdmondDantes

One thing I remember reading was that he does much less weight work in the gym than most Premier League forwards, because he believes that it negatively affects his speed and agility. I'm guessing that extra weight would take more of a toll on your body too.

Most Premier League clubs have switched to resistance bands instead of actual weights when it comes to most of their gym work as well.

images

420576E600000578-0-image-a-74_1499172790095.jpg

16166150-0-image-m-28_1563374431409.jpg

(Milner's still yoked though)

I also read awhile ago Ronaldo - after he turned 30 - had a team of Sports scientists tell him to drop 1.5 kg of muscle a year.

That's why whenever you see him these days he looks a lot slimmer.

There might be something to it.

Last edited:

Jenks

7b62d5d43626d09701d682d569c8c99e3a341893.png

If Liverpool drop in form and Leicester beat them to the title that might be the funniest thing that has ever happened.

Best league in the world btw

I don't get this comment, Vardy is an awesome striker, he's a big part why Leicester won the league (even though they had no right in doing so due to resources other PL clubs have) and why they are 2nd right now in the Premier League (even though they have no right in being there), he's an handful for any defense in Europe.

If i was Southgate i'd be doing all i could to get him out of retirement for the Euros. I think the reason he retired from International duty was lack of playing time at the world cup, but there's an agreement there that he would come back if England need him.

What i like about Vardy he's worked his way up right from the very bottom and right throughout the lower leagues (Stocksbridge in the non-leagues, Halifax and Fleetwood in the conference and Leicester in the Championship to Leicester Premier League champions), his numbers are impressive in every league he's been in, i say this about few players but a movie should be done about his career.

Home of Barca Fans