CdR| 1/16 1st leg: CF Villanovense - FC Barcelona 0-0

Darko

0 starters in this one, no point in risking any of them and tiring them. Just let the reserves have fun, the result doesn't even matter.

Alik

0 starters in this one, no point in risking any of them and tiring them. Just let the reserves have fun, the result doesn't even matter.

Yeah, I agree. Although, the chances of Neymar or Suarez, let alone both of them, not starting are close to zero, I think.

Otherwise I'd expect this lineup:

------------MAtS
Douglas-Bartra-???-Adriano
----------Gumbau------------
------??-------------??--------
-Munir----Sandro-------??---

Antimadridista1

I'd like to see this starting eleven :

Mats/Masip
Douglas - Bartra - Vermaelen - Adriano
Kaptoum/? - Gumbau - Samper/Iniesta
Munir - Sandro - ?

Iniesta needs some game time to slowly get back to his level.
Not sure if this is really a good idea to risk him on this pitch though.

EdmondDantes

I don't think it is. I think he should stay and train some more. Iniesta wouldn't get anything from a game like that. That pitch looks treacherous.

F

Flavia

Squad for the game:
Ter Stegen, Masip, Douglas S., I. Rakitic, Dani Alves, Bartra, Munir, Jordi Alba, Sandro, Adriano, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Samper, Gumbau, Aitor y Kaptoum

No Neymar, Suarez, Busi or Pique. Iniesta didn't get the green light yet.

EdmondDantes

Squad for the game:
Ter Stegen, Masip, Douglas S., I. Rakitic, Dani Alves, Bartra, Munir, Jordi Alba, Sandro, Adriano, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Samper, Gumbau, Aitor y Kaptoum

No Neymar or Suarez. Iniesta didn't get the green light yet.

It's happening guys, we're witnessing history. :lucho: has picked him.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's happening guys, we're witnessing history. :lucho: has picked him.

He also picked him up last season in early rounds of the Copa, and even CL .. just to never call him up again and promote Lord Gumbau, so I wouldn't read too much into it honestly :(

PhilS

Most of these players need to convince Lucho they should be part of the squad going forwards. It will be interesting to see who can step up. Some of these guys could be gone as soon as this January.

Home of Barca Fans