Gianluigi Donnarumma

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It's not like he's at a crappy club it's MILAN for goodness sake. He should at least stay there for 5 years plus.

slicknick

It's not like he's at a crappy club it's MILAN for goodness sake. He should at least stay there for 5 years plus.

Fair point, though I'm guessing you wouldn't mind having him instead of Mignolet or Bogdan, right? :p

That aside, there have been calls by some of his teammates and his coach in Italy Under-21, for Conte to call him up, at least as a reserve keeper for the EURO 2016. Personally, I don't think Conte will call him up, though the Under-21 team is not exactly a shabby place for him to keep playing for his country
http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/eu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

God Serena

Seems we have some competition though
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/0...er/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/15/rumou...n-over-gianluigi-donnarumma-transfer-5683462/

I think we have Inaki Pena who is about the same age as him...but guessing at this point, Donnarumma is a lot more impressive than Pena

Pena is in the youth ranks of the best club in the world while Donny is getting a chance to shine in a Milan side that's been in total crisis for years now. It's rather pointless to compare them. Hell, it's pointless to even send a scout to watch this kid, we've already got major keeper drama going on right now.

khaled_a_d

Pena is in the youth ranks of the best club in the world while Donny is getting a chance to shine in a Milan side that's been in total crisis for years now. It's rather pointless to compare them. Hell, it's pointless to even send a scout to watch this kid, we've already got major keeper drama going on right now.

It is never pointless to send scouts to watch players
People sometimes really don't know the job of a scout ,the job of those guys is to watch hundreds of players and to write detailed reports about it .most of those would never join the club but whoever join the club is most probably have had many scouting reports that has been written for years
I've a friend living in London and his roommate is an Arsenal youth team scout .he tells me about how complicated and detailed the charts they have to fill for every player they have to scout and they do it for many players .
A club like Barca probably has hundreds of scouting reports written every year .a GK like Donnarumma should be scouted obviously .that doesn't mean we will be making offers next summer
Remember that MATS was 1st scouted in 2009 for example ,he was almost same age as Donnarumma back then .VV was just 3 years older and many though he will be our GK for next decade .5 years later VV wasn't in the club and MATS was number 1 .you simply never know what the future holds and when you have an intensive scouting through years for a player that measures his development it is a good thing

One last thing ,Pena should never be in same sentence with Donnarumma right now .one is the back up GK for the youth team (that has struggled a lot this season ) while the other is the starting GK for the team who is 6th spot in Caclio while having a legit chance of making Eorpa league or even CL by the end of the year
People really need to start taking things slowly with Youth team player ,the whole hype with Inaki Pena has happened b4 with Álex Sánchez (the GK) back in 2007 .he is good ,he is gr9 .Man u wants him and he turns them down and stay .and now he is 25 years old GK who is playing in 3rd division with B team of Valencia .same happened with Ondoa & Jordi Suarez
May be if in 2-3 years Inaki became the starting GK for B team we would see if we scouting other GKs would be a mistake

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Meh, I'll keep buying Areola in my career mode. Reached 98 for me after three seasons with training. Unstoppable.

Home of Barca Fans