Gianluigi Donnarumma

God Serena

With all the money we waste on players like Paco, Arda, Gomes, Vermaelen, etc. there's no reason why we shouldn't break the bank to bring this kid in, if he's willing to come.

Barcilliant

The kid is great but the pressure at Barca is a totally different animal. Valdes had many confidence issues here and now Olaf is going through that too.

khaled_a_d

The kid is great but the pressure at Barca is a totally different animal. Valdes had many confidence issues here and now Olaf is going through that too.

What pressure? VV had unlimited support by everyone from the fans to the manager. Same for MATS & Bravo.
Valdes was always considered the confident guy until almost 2012 or something around that. Something has happened to him since then and he went from "future captain" to the guy who speaks about seeing real life b/c he had to use train once.
Donnarumma has handled pressure very well at the age of 16 with one of the greatest clubs in the history of the game. I won't worry that much about that aspect of him.

F

FlaFCB

What pressure? VV had unlimited support by everyone from the fans to the manager. Same for MATS & Bravo.
Valdes was always considered the confident guy until almost 2012 or something around that. Something has happened to him since then and he went from "future captain" to the guy who speaks about seeing real life b/c he had to use train once.
Donnarumma has handled pressure very well at the age of 16 with one of the greatest clubs in the history of the game. I won't worry that much about that aspect of him.

What pressure??? Valdes was very vocal about that his whole career. It's easy to find interview in which he talks about that. It was one of his reasons to leave too, he said he couldn't take it anymore.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's another prospect.

Would we really want to sign another prospect instead of a World Class GK?

serghei

He's as much a prospect as Buffon was when Juve broke the bank for him. We need to buy a top keeper and I think Donnarumma is that already. And he doesn't seem so full of arrogance like Stegen is.

Last edited:

DonAK

He's as much a prospect as Buffon was when Juve broke the bank for him. We need to buy a top keeper and I think Donnarumma is that already. And he doesn't seem so full of arrogance like Stegen is.

Buffon was more than a prospect. Was at Parma for four seasons and was voted the best GK in a strong league for consecutive seasons as well as being rated as the 3rd best GK in the world. He also made his debut for the Italian NT and became their Starting GK in the 2000 Euro, but broke his hand just before the tournament.

He was certified World Class. Donnarumma is a World Class prospect so he is far from the level and recognition Buffon had when he moved to Juventus despite his still very young age.

DonAK

This kid is playing leagues better than Bravo was before we signed him. Are you looking for world class, or just... old?

I'm looking for World Class, not prospect.

de Gea is World Class. Courtois is World Class. Neuer is World Class.

Donnarumma is a World Class prospect who might or might not make it here. His comparisons with Buffon ends at Gianluigi. Buffon was WORLD CLASS when Juventus signed him.

I'm just not in favor for going for another prospect, not knowing whether he is capable of handling the pressure and challenges at this club.

He's 2-3 years away from reaching that level where I think he could go to any club and do very well right away.

Last edited:

serghei

Donnarumma not being world class is just a matter of age. Being a starter at Milan at 17 means we could even be talking about a future ATG. He could even be better than Buffon.

I'd sign that kid today.

DonAK

If we sign him then I'm going to support him obviously. We're probably not going to sell ter Stegen and sign a new GK anyway even if he keeps freezing for the rest of the year.

We're probably more likely to make Cillessen our 1st choice.

God Serena

I'm looking for World Class, not prospect.

de Gea is World Class. Courtois is World Class. Neuer is World Class.

Donnarumma is a World Class prospect who might or might not make it here. His comparisons with Buffon ends at Gianluigi. Buffon was WORLD CLASS when Juventus signed him.

I'm just not in favor for going for another prospect, not knowing whether he is capable of handling the pressure and challenges at this club.

He's 2-3 years away from reaching that level where I think he could go to any club and do very well right away.

I'm not even comparing him to Buffon. I legitimately think he is the next top keeper and his current level is good enough to play for us, "world class" or not. I hardly even consider him a prospect anymore. With the way he's playing, he's a very good goalkeeper (Which is really all we should need if the team isn't leaking open shots all game) who quite possibly will turn into the next great keeper in world football.

serghei

I'm not sure growing more than 1.96 is that good for him. He should try to stop growing, go vegan or smth.

Home of Barca Fans