Lucas Vazquez

Beast

The Observer
No love for this jewel in the crown ??? he is going under the radar of a lot of people

6 games & 4 assists ... people not a bad return at all

Name : Lucas Vasquez
DOB: 01/07/1991
Position: Winger
Height : 173 cm

Lucas Vasquez joined Real youth team when he was 16 and played till he was 19 in various minor team in Real Madrid till he was promoted to the C team when was 19 year old
promoted a year later to Castilla Madrid (Real Madrid B) in which he spent 3 years playing 92 games & scoring 15 games and helped Castilla return to the second division

Last year Real Madrid sent him to Espanyol where he took his game to the next level and played 33 games & scored 3 goals

This year the club called him back and he delivered without much noise .. 4 assists in 6 games in various competition

Vasquez is very quick and good dribbler with an eye for the final pass

for me he is up there with Casemiro and great addition to the team ...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
To be honest he does go under the radar because he is a no-nonesense player. He has been sublime, better than Isco I say. I am so glad we now have much better technical players, and he can help with breaking down defenses and if not, at least he doesn't lose the ball.

This year it is Casemiro, Keylor, Lucas and Marcelo is having his best season start?

El Flaco

The penalty call Real Madrid awarded vs. Eibar

[gfy]ImperfectDistortedKingsnake[/gfy]

Alternative Angle with slow motion

[gfy]NextImpeccableFlies[/gfy]

MaxY

Devil May Cry
That was such a godlike action,imo one of the best in 2015. Lucas was such a bargain. We paid like 1 freaking million for this guy. He seems humble,hardworking and is always cheerful. Not to mention that he doesn't mind being benced and that he always brings such a spark to the team when he comes off the bench. Great eye for assists too.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have some love for Lucas Vazquez. Young gun who works hard and covers a lot of ground and seemingly well mannered. Always appreciate those.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He is 24. Hardly young but yeah, if he can continue like this he can command a first team spot, and I don't see why not. More focused and better impact than Jese.

Horatio

You're welcome
He is 24. Hardly young but yeah, if he can continue like this he can command a first team spot, and I don't see why not. More focused and better impact than Jese.

Honestly I didn't know he was 24 already. Assumed he was 19-21

El Flaco

[Marca] 10 commandments that have made him a firm fans' favourite at the Bernabeu.

1. Dribbling and attacking prowess

Two of a striker's most important skills, after an ability to find the net. Skills that he nurtured on the streets of his hometown of Curtis (Galicia).

2. Direct play down the wing

Another important skill. Unafraid to go one on one with players, his style is aggressive and direct.

3. Generosity: Six assists

Despite not being first-choice, he has notched up an impressive number of assists, setting up six goals for his teammates.

4. Defensive teamwork

He never leaves his full-back hanging. He helps close down the right wing, although that, thanks to his speed and acceleration, does not stop him from joining the attack.

5. Versatility

Lucas played in as many as three different right-sided positions under Rafa Benítez. Although a natural winger, he has played in the middle on several occasions.

6. Accepting of his role

Lucas knows where he is. He knows the club and knows how difficult it is for an academy player to break into the first team. He wants to play as much as he can but is well aware of how difficult that will be.

7. A home-grown academy lad

He was 15 when he joined Real Madrid. He was brought up on Real Madrid's philosophy at Valdebebas.

8. Get on with the job at hand

Lucas was a key player under Benítez, but he dropped down the pecking order under Zidane. The striker never raised his voice. He just continued working, waiting for his chance and finally got his reward.

9. He is like a fourth 'Brazilian'

That is what they say about him, praising his jovial and open personality which allows him to make friends easily.

10. All in all, just a normal guy

Self-critical on and off the pitch, Lucas Vázquez is taking nothing for granted. He knows that a footballer's career is short and he is preparing for what's ahead.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/03/10/56e0a74122601d8d5a8b466d.html

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/03/10/56e09e7a22601d8e5a8b4663.html

Home of Barca Fans