Corruption investigation re. Clasico

Galning

That somebody made this public is already huge for Spain, but I don't think something will come of this.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Cardenal (president Spanish Sports Council): "The linesman should come forward. This is 2015, no one should be afraid of retaliation."

Don't be afraid:lol:

Barcafan 2304

Imagine if this was us being accused. We would be absolutely slaughtered over it but since its Madrid it will all be swept under the carpet.

Is it true that the investigating committee are all ex-Madrid members? That is an utter disgrace if true...

Just because we are paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get us! Agree with your summation

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
The club's financial vice-president stated:

"I hope it does not prove to be true."

"We will possibly discuss at it a meeting of the board."

"All I can say at the moment is that if it is confirmed, it will be dangerous story in terms of the prestige of La Liga."

serghei

I don't think Real Madrid had anything to do with this. I don't remember insane mistakes being made in the clasico in recent period. Yea, there was that Ronaldo penalty outside the box, but at full speed, it was very hard to spot it. If the pressuring thing is real, it's probably not connected to the Madrid club per se.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I don't think Real Madrid had anything to do with this. I don't remember insane mistakes being made in the clasico in recent period. Yea, there was that Ronaldo penalty outside the box, but at full speed, it was very hard to spot it. If the pressuring thing is real, it's probably not connected to the Madrid club per se.

Well maybe because el clasico is such a high profile match and also in the complaint it's says that main referee is in a spot light by media and fans so the linesmen have to make important decisions against Barca. That makes sense.

Last edited:

serghei

Well maybe because el clasico is such a high profile match and also in the complaint it's says that main referee is in a spot light by media and fans so the linesmen have to make important decisions against Barca. That makes sense.

Except the linesmen have been very good in the clasico usually. I remember a 50-50 case at Neymar when Ramos was sent off. The referee just allowed the attack and he could have easily called offside as Neymar was maybe just fractionally leaning off with his shoulder. Ibra's goal was also 50-50 and it was not called offside, Villa's goal in the 5-0 as well, 50-50. Di Maria's goal in Copa del Rey was also a very close call and it was allowed in the spirit of the game, just as ours were. I don't see a pattern of illegality here, sorry.

So, no, I don't buy it. Maybe some madridista idiots tried to put pressure on the refs, but the clasico is refereed fair imho, with some mistakes for both sides in recent past. Nothing abusive. The best side usually won, and that surely must count for smth in this discussion.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Except the linesmen have been very good in the clasico usually. I remember a 50-50 case at Neymar when Ramos was sent off. The referee just allowed the attack and he could have easily called offside as Neymar was maybe just fractionally leaning off with his shoulder. Ibra's goal was also 50-50 and it was not called offside, Villa's goal in the 5-0 as well, 50-50. Di Maria's goal in Copa del Rey was also a very close call and it was allowed in the spirit of the game, just as ours were. I don't see a pattern of illegality here, sorry.

So, no, I don't buy it. Maybe some madridista idiots tried to put pressure on the refs, but the clasico is refereed fair imho, with some mistakes for both sides in recent past. Nothing abusive. The best side usually won.

This maybe true, but it doesn't prove that they wouldn't try to do it the first time.

serghei

This maybe true, but it doesn't prove that they wouldn't try to do it the first time.

It doesn't, but everyone is inocent until proven otherwise, including Real Madrid. So far, I don't see a refereeing problem in the clasico. Just in the last clasico, which he won 2-1 in a very close affair, the linesman overruled a goal from Bale after a difficult offside to see at Ronaldo. And that clasico much was much much more important than this one, considering it gave us a precious 4 point lead against them, which proved to be decisive in the end.

serghei

Maybe some sort of stupid pressure exists, but it is probably not, in any case, tied to Real Madrid imho, and it's not an organized thing. I think it's just a couple of individuals, using their position to pull some strings with the refs. That again, if the story is true.

Last edited:

vlad

Maybe some sort of stupid pressure exists, but it is probably not, in any case, tied to Real Madrid imho, and it's not an organized thing. I think it's just a couple of individuals, using their position to pull some strings with the refs. That again, if the story is true.

it is not only for favoring madrid in el classico, but in almost every la liga matches, that is the thing, this is the first time somebody spoke about it in public, remember 2012 when they won la liga and what penaltys they had, el classico is just one match, but my point is that referes are pushing real whenever they can.

Remember this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Athletic-Bilbao-La-Liga-suspended-month.html

that just telling you how much power they have off the pitch.

Last edited:

silvia

not just that. Ronaldo punched in the face, got only 2 match out, and somehow the incident was erased from referee's report.
Jordi, Pique, it maybe happening for more than 10 years, that is where they decide, referee committee.

El Flaco

Javier Tebas (La Liga president): "This allegation seems a bit far fetched. It makes no sense, when the referee for this game has not been designated [yet]."

---

Guys, do you trust for what he's saying?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Javier Tebas (La Liga president): "This allegation seems a bit far fetched. It makes no sense, when the referee for this game has not been designated [yet]."

---

Guys, do you trust for what he's saying?

Marca says that there is closed circle of who can be appointed as referee for El-clasico, there are certain rules so it's easy to predict who it will be. They predict that referee for upcoming El clasico will be David Fernández Borbalán.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Barcelona say in an official statement that the claims of a pressurized linesman ahead of clasico should be thourougly investigated.
Barcelona add in official statement that they hope, for the good and the credibility of the Liga, that it's all a misunderstanding #fcblive

Home of Barca Fans