Corruption investigation re. Clasico

Icarium

Lifestealer
Doubt real would want Atletico win over us... That was just too close and probably a mistake. I will not be surprised if it becomes true, they re just tired of us winning every season.

BADGERBHOY

Not surprised at all. But what really shocks me is that you read this story in nearly no newspaper or website outside of Spain. If this story would have been published by the Madrid press, you'd even read it in the smallest newspapers and every one would know about it. What a shame

Its already on the websites of the Daily Mail‎, the Telegraph, the Independent and the Mirror so it looks like its spreading fast.

As for the story, everyone knows about Uncle Perez' influence but I'm absolutely gobsmacked that the investigating commitee are ex Madrid members.

silvia

not just ex madrid member, but who is under suspicious to do all this in referee commitee is franco-fascist member...
i didn't know franco fascist party still existed, really disgusting.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
not just ex madrid member, but who is under suspicious to do all this in referee commitee is franco-fascist member...
i didn't know franco fascist party still existed, really disgusting.

Ex-member, the party don't exist anymore I think.

BADGERBHOY

The quotes from the linesman's lawyer are dynamite especially the existence of other whistleblowers, talk of demotion for those that don't toe the line and other occasions when officials have been pressurised.

This definitely has the potential to be Spains own Calciopoli

Beast

The Observer
Nope

As per the English text in ESPN ... there is no recording

so it will be he said -she said... ends in the press and conspiracy theorist

silvia

Nope

and simeone is also conspiracy theorist. of course real madrid is always clean.
he will need a gut to speak in media by recording not through his lawyer.

Barcafan 2304

personally, I feel that Madrid are always up to hanky panky but their grip and influence is that strong, they will get away with any misdoing. Not holding my breath anything will come of this.

BADGERBHOY

Nope

If more people come forward then that would be corroborating evidence not he said - she said

Icarium

Lifestealer
No without evidence nothing will be done. He said and she said will not work. Only one person came through. It means nothing. That "pressure" he is talking about there needs to be some proof. I doubt all the refs will come to light

khaled_a_d

No without evidence nothing will be done. He said and she said will not work. Only one person came through. It means nothing. That "pressure" he is talking about there needs to be some proof. I doubt all the refs will come to light

If others come to testify this could be enough .not every trial is determined by documents .whether it affects RM or guys in Referee committee ? probably the later
But if it reached that level it would put huge pressure on them .referees might literally try to avoid doing RM any favor and won't take a chance ,the image of RM would be smeared easily
There is a lot to win for us (and many other Liga clubs ) and lot to lose even if just someone took the blame in that committee tbh

dostoevskij

Not surprised at all. But what really shocks me is that you read this story in nearly no newspaper or website outside of Spain. If this story would have been published by the Madrid press, you'd even read it in the smallest newspapers and every one would know about it. What a shame

thats not true, its in german newspaper Sport bild, in english media( dailymail, telegrapg,independant, mirror) and so on

dostoevskij

Nope

but its Not f... Nixon case, you dont need an recording( which btw is illegal to make) for proof, not even talking about Madrids image in the world.

haha i really like that stuff, it feels as if somebody is slowly shoving the mask from the beauty princess and suddenly we see the ugly evil monster, that was always there :wave:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Imagine if this was us being accused. We would be absolutely slaughtered over it but since its Madrid it will all be swept under the carpet.

Is it true that the investigating committee are all ex-Madrid members? That is an utter disgrace if true...

Home of Barca Fans