FC Barcelona Finances

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
not yet but the rumours are they are going to force every FC Barcelona employee to take a paycut, from what i've understand those who refuse will be free to walk

will be intresting to see if some players take advantage of this

I thought the idea was that they would "defer" part of the salaries. And they had decided against a unilateral pay cut for the exact reason, that employees and players could walk on account of breeched contracts?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
not yet but the rumours are they are going to force every FC Barcelona employee to take a paycut, from what i've understand those who refuse will be free to walk

will be intresting to see if some players take advantage of this

That is nonsense. Right now there is a negotiation going on between the club and representatives of the employees, including players and non-sporting employees (a committee of 13 people). The club is not looking to lay off anybody but rather have hem agree on a temporary paycut or a pay scheme like the one that Mirotic took (deferring payments).

Of course the club will not let player walk away from their contract easily, that is just absurd. Messi will walk though, next summer.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
What's this going on around about Barca needing to file for bankruptcy if wages aren't reduced by 190m

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What's this going on around about Barca needing to file for bankruptcy if wages aren't reduced by 190m

Can't be true, if we can't reduce expenses it means we will continue to have a loss which will need to be further financed. We still have quite a bit of cash on hand and we can still repay our debt, or at least refinancing some.

Total-Football

Numbers looks like bullshiit.190 divided by 19 is 10 Millions. Which means on average every player has to give up 10 millions. Except that that most of the squad doesn't even earn 10 millions annually lol

Messigician

The economic situation of the club is so serious that the club need to cut 190 million euros from the salary bill. To the point that, there is talk of the possibility of a bankruptcy if an agreement is not reached at the beginning of the year. [rac1 via sport]

Porque

We're not going to know much until the new board step in and audit. Up until then it will just be hearsay and Ojoooooooo's.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why should he? He wanted to leave and he doesn't want to say beyond this season, besides FC Barcelona can no longer afford him even if he wanted to stay longer.

If he has a bit of common sense and decency he will, for both the good of this club and his own image.

I hope the new president will realize that we can't afford him at this astronomical rate and let him leave next summer. Let City, PSG or someone else pay him that much.

Home of Barca Fans