FC Barcelona Finances

GetIn

B1jUcXR.png

Highest wage bill in Europe by far.

Interlop

That was in 2015, when we won the treble. It's interesting to see how much it is now with all the departures and new additions.

GetIn

That was in 2015, when we won the treble. It's interesting to see how much it is now with all the departures and new additions.

Assume it would be even more now with new deals to Suarez + Neymar and a new megadeal coming up for Messi.

serghei

When looking at debt you have to take in account the revenue and overall budgett, wages are hight but overall barça seems in quite a good position.

In what sense? The way things are looking up now, Madrid has already taken over the best team in the world status. From this perspective, they have a better squad, which is getting paid less and is getting better results (including 3 CLs in 4 years), and there are very good chances that they may continue to get better results in the upcoming season as well.

I think we need to cut down the costs regarding our older players. Legends or not, we run a club which has to have a correct balance of salary - results. We were too quick to increase the contracts after the 2014-15 season. That peak lasted too little, about a year. For exaple, we've increased Rakitic's salary recently after what, some good 5 months? Come on, that's not how you do it. His form has gone down after that great period he had in our treble season. He is overpaid, as are many others. When you are paid a lot, you need to perform at a damn great level to make it a good investment.

MSN is to blame as well for performing quite poorly in the top games as well, but I am mostly upset by the other players with very big contracts who are either past it, or not that great as their contract would make you believe. So, if this season is nothing short than great, a massive sellout needs to happen. Who wants to earn top money with less than great performances can go to China or USA or Arab countries or whatever.

We have a bad habit of increasing contracts with no relation to the sportive performances. Players get increasing contracts by performing worse than they were in the past. It's bad business. However, I'm willing to think this season is an exception (although it's the 2nd time in a row where we do badly in CL). But, as I said, if 2017-18 is not a great success, it's either massive paycuts or massive clearout in 2018. That much should be clear for almost every player. The best paid squad in the world needs to also be the best squad in the world. For the last 18 months they weren't, and that makes them overpaid until they prove again that they are the best.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans