FC Barcelona Finances

M

MessiCam

That 84% figure is just crazy and really fucked up. If left unmanaged I am sure we will be heading for a crash.

It's a one off. 114 Million effect for new signings and renewals. Could be where the rumour for Messi's 100 Million sign on comes from.

Joan

Hi, can anyone inform me about the finances of the club? Debt and all?
Read somewhere we are gonna bankrupt soon but it's from a madrid fan. :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't trust Marca. Stadium will go ahead and we'll have sponsors helping fund it.

Attendances are down and that's not great but we'll see how it goes now with Coutinho and Dembele in. Also, lower attendances don't have to mean equally lower revenues as many of those empty seats are actually paid for anyway by season ticket owners.

raki

Marca...sigh. We just have to reduce the wage bill.

Offloading these 4 players ( Masche, Vidal, Turan and Deulfeu)
2 of them have high wages (Masche and Turan).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I just don't get why local Barca fans are not that passionate about our team as fans in the rest of Spain and Europe, especially Germany where stadiums are packed. We seem to rely quite a lot on tourists for attendance which is rather unique I think.

JPM85

Ticket prices are the sole reason for low attendancies. Keep asking €100+ for simple games against the likes of Levante, Getafe and people are just not interested anymore to visit games. I don't want to sit on 3rd ring if I am visiting Camp Nou twice a year, but hell no I am paying these prices.

Barca should hire a good revenue manager for their stadium, because a full stadium just sells better. Even games against the lower tier clubs can be sold out, if you just cut down the price.

MessiTHEgoat

just the other day i've read that 6 jan was the Three Kings Day in spain: https://www.tripsavvy.com/three-kings-day-in-spain-1643112

people tend to spend that day with their family, so it's completely understandable why the attendance was low, plus the camp nou is pretty fucking big, we are talking here about 100k seats. so obviously there'll be empty seats every now and there.

about the new staduim, I've read that barcelona will sell the name's rights for about 300m, which will be enough.

marca obviously talk out of their ass as usual, they are pissed with barça spending big.

khaled_a_d

This is just a bad journalism
He gets the announced transfer budget from the end of last summer and add signings and selling and then say we are short of money
This is good in a forum post, but not for a tabloid tbh
I mean it is very well we are announcing a budget lower than our abilities to pay based on our assessment of the transfer market and the team needs and then we decide to go further than it

Joan

This is just a bad journalism
He gets the announced transfer budget from the end of last summer and add signings and selling and then say we are short of money
This is good in a forum post, but not for a tabloid tbh
I mean it is very well we are announcing a budget lower than our abilities to pay based on our assessment of the transfer market and the team needs and then we decide to go further than it

you right but it's marca after all
this is the worrying part: If the debt is not reduced to 200 million, and the forecasts say that it will exceed 300m, then the works of the new stadium can't be started.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sorry to be ignorant, but what harm will it do to us if we hold off building the new stadium (granted it is a nice thing to have) until we put our house in order, namely putting our debt under control? It is not like the current Camp Nou is derelict.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ticket prices are the sole reason for low attendancies. Keep asking €100+ for simple games against the likes of Levante, Getafe and people are just not interested anymore to visit games. I don't want to sit on 3rd ring if I am visiting Camp Nou twice a year, but hell no I am paying these prices.

Barca should hire a good revenue manager for their stadium, because a full stadium just sells better. Even games against the lower tier clubs can be sold out, if you just cut down the price.

Out of curiosity, do we charge more for tickets on average compared to Real Madrid and those EPL clubs? I know German clubs charge very little.

Twice I was there I bought what I considered some of the best seats in the middle of the Tribuna section I paid about 110 euros for a ticket and I thought that was pretty fair.

Kerrybai

Out of curiosity, do we charge more for tickets on average compared to Real Madrid and those EPL clubs? I know German clubs charge very little.

Twice I was there I bought what I considered some of the best seats in the middle of the Tribuna section I paid about 110 euros for a ticket and I thought that was pretty fair.

Mate you can't be serious, how is 110 euro fair? I bet there were 25000 empty seats that day. The home against Alaves has tickets for 39 euro but they are up top in the corner. 39 euro for a nosebleed when the attendance will be around 60k. Its ridiculous.

Regarding the redbuilding ... we are one of the elite teams in the world and we have a dump of a stadium. The concoruses are awful, we deserve better and we should build now while we are successful. With naming rights we can finance it and we will increase revenue by 40 million or so a season. Thats a Paulihno right there :lol:

vlad

Camp nou is a turist destination for a long time now, its sad to see and hear atmosphere, sometimes you can hear coach talking, its that loud, if its not derby match, el classico, CL semis, its like teather. Now with mega signings, club has to manage to get all that money, and it will be only worse for barca average fan, what is the purpose building up strong team when you are running away from average fan who wants to see barca in live.

New stadium will probably have more seats, but what for?

Home of Barca Fans