FC Barcelona Finances

khaled_a_d

I won't blame the players if they refuse to take the pay cut asked by the club.
It should be probably done through negotiation between player's association and Liga, or FIFA and FIFPro.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I won't blame the players if they refuse to take the pay cut asked by the club.
It should be probably done through negotiation between player's association and Liga, or FIFA and FIFPro.

So far it seems that all the pay cuts done by other clubs (Dortmund, Bayern, Espanyol, Athletic Bilbao etc.) were done directly between the club and its players.

Raketa10

I wouldn't mind the bottom dwellers on the salary list keeping what they earn if it's like 1-3m/year.

But the rest of them can fuck off.

100% agree. People are dying and while 90% of them are millionaires who won't even feel that cut they are refusing it. They are doing all of that in a the situation where they are sitting in their home doing absolutely nothing. World will change after this and they will earn far less for sure. I honestly can't wait for that. It's about time to put more money in medicine or education or nature preservation than in idiots like Neymar or Dembele. In times like this you can clearly see where our priorities lie but we easily tend to forget that. A vast majority of footballers are selfish pricks who are being massively overpaid and that's a fact. :puke:

Last edited:

Morten

I dont understand, players say no to wage cuts, and then what? This is a global crisis, who exactly is going to pay them, FC Antarctica?
I dont see what leverage they hold.

Last edited:

Richard.H

100% agree. People are dying and while 90% of them are millionaires who won't even feel that cut they are refusing it. They are doing all of that in a the situation where they are sitting in their home doing absolutely nothing. World will change after this and they will earn far less for sure. I honestly can't wait for that. It's about time to put more money in medicine or education or nature preservation than in idiots like Neymar or Dembele. In times like this you can clearly see where our priorities lie but we easily tend to forget that. A vast majority of footballers are selfish pricks who are being massively overpaid and that's a fact. :puke:

To be fair, this will never happen due to capitalism being the prevalent system in majority of the world. These players are getting paid millions because society puts a lot of worth in them. That's how capitalism works. People don't pay 50-100 euros to watch a doctor do surgery.

Also, this is absolutely embarrassing from the club office and the players. Why is it taking so long to release a statement? If not 70 %, make it 40 %. Still a big chunk of money for the low wage workers of Barcelona.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Most of the squad could do without 100% of their salary for the rest of their careers but of course there have to be throughout negotiations for a temporary pay cut because that's just too much for these poor footballers. Is anyone surprised? :lol:

KingLeo10

Even CR7 and the rest of the misers from Juve let up 90 M Euros, which is about 33% of their yearly wage bill.

It's not a surprise the amigos don't want to fork up though. Doubt they'll even do 25% in the end.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There was even an understanding with the Juve first team too

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2020/company-notice-2803.php

This is beyond embarrassing and fked up for this club.

What's taking the club so long to make a statement like this?

We actually had a statement already with regard to the pay cut, out yesterday.

However, to me it seems that it was more of a statement by the club showing their decision and resolve to cut the wages due to the special circumstances and no real and concrete agreement on how much the cut will be. That is the problem.

They are probably still negotiating. 70% for sure is off the table, we would be lucky to get a 50% cut on the first team's wages. A 20% to 30% cut is probably more plausible and likely.

FinBarcelonafan

Even CR7 and the rest of the misers from Juve let up 90 M Euros, which is about 33% of their yearly wage bill.

It's not a surprise the amigos don't want to fork up though. Doubt they'll even do 25% in the end.

This shows what Barcelona has begun. All about money.

abbbs97

very selfish from the players if they dont want to take a pay cut to help. there's literally a crisis going on around the world and you have these players making millions a month and wont even take a pay cut to help the club.

funny thing is that these same players were willing to take a pay cut for Neymar. lol. you know its bad when the biggest problem is the players and not the board.

abbbs97

We actually had a statement already with regard to the pay cut, out yesterday.

However, to me it seems that it was more of a statement by the club showing their decision and resolve to cut the wages due to the special circumstances and no real and concrete agreement on how much the cut will be. That is the problem.

They are probably still negotiating. 70% for sure is off the table, we would be lucky to get a 50% cut on the first team's wages. A 20% to 30% cut is probably more plausible and likely.

honestly I dont understand why 70% is considered to be too much. yeah for an average person who doesnt make hundreds of thousands a week, it is too much. but players like Messi, Suarez, Pique etc. who make millions in just one month, its nothing. it wont make much of a difference for them. they should take 70% off of the highest paid players/workers and the rest of the lower paid workers 20-40%.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's only going to be for 3-4 months at the most.

50% would be reasonable if they actually cared. At least 30%. Valverde gave them a million vacation days. It's fair IMO.

Givenchy

70%? they should actually totally halt all wages for atleast 3-4months full stop. Spain and Italy are in desperate times right now, the millions paid to footballers for doing nothing could save many lives.

Home of Barca Fans