FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to Sport, the fee we received from Neymar's transfer is included in the total. That actually would make the total revenue a bit underwhelming.

We are one of a very few clubs that actually count transfer fee into the total revenue, most other clubs (ManU, Madrid, Bayern etc.) don't. We will have to wait for the Deloitte Money League report to come out to see how we did compared to other clubs.

Last edited:

cro-man

According to Sport, the fee we received from Neymar's transfer is included in the total. That actually would make the total revenue a bit underwhelming.

We are one of the very few clubs that actually count transfer fee into the total revenue, most other clubs (ManU, Madrid, Bayern etc.) don't. We will have to wait for the Deloitte Moneyball report to come out to see how we did compared to other clubs.

Thought so:banghead:

jamrock

It was pretty obvious they included the transfer fees, no way our Revenues could increase that Much over last year

GOAT_SUAREZ

We are one of a very few clubs that actually count transfer fee into the total revenue, most other clubs (ManU, Madrid, Bayern etc.) don't. We will have to wait for the Deloitte Money League report to come out to see how we did compared to other clubs.

even if you count the 199 million for Neymar we are a level above 2017 where we were at 648 million.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Didn't we sell him for 222m? The revenue for the 16/17 season was 708m, not 648m.

my fault yes you are right I had the wrong source.

we sold him for 222 million clause but in the financial report from last year which calculated the revenue for 2018 already it showed 199 million. However we definitely surpassed the expected revenue with the 913 million.

We are on the right track but the salaries need to be reduced big time. We just can't spend 66% on salaries it's just insane.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
my fault yes you are right I had the wrong source.

we sold him for 222 million clause but in the financial report from last year which calculated the revenue for 2018 already it showed 199 million. However we definitely surpassed the expected revenue with the 913 million.

We are on the right track but the salaries need to be reduced big time. We just can't spend 66% on salaries it's just insane.

It is much higher than that. I think it is in the 80s(%). A couple of years ago it was 84% I believe.

messid10s

It is much higher than that. I think it is in the 80s(%). A couple of years ago it was 84% I believe.

The salary situation will solve itself in a few years whoever when Messi, Suarez, Pique, Busquets are replaced the newcomers won't be on as high salaries and our revenue will have grown more by then so it'll sort itself out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The salary situation will solve itself in a few years whoever when Messi, Suarez, Pique, Busquets are replaced the newcomers won't be on as high salaries and our revenue will have grown more by then so it'll sort itself out.

I don’t know. We will likely raise the salary of Coutinho and Dembele (if he performs to expectations) etc. and we will spend big on salaries to lure the next waves of star players.

But yes, once Messi is gone it will free up probably 20% of the wage spending.

GOAT_SUAREZ

I don’t know. We will likely raise the salary of Coutinho and Dembele (if he performs to expectations) etc. and we will spend big on salaries to lure the next waves of star players.

But yes, once Messi is gone it will free up probably 20% of the wage spending.

Yep Messi has the biggest salary in sports history.

Home of Barca Fans