Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: FC Barcelona Finances

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    Haven't we shaved off of our debt for the past handful of years now?
    Did we? I honestly don’t know.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    Haven't we shaved off of our debt for the past handful of years now?
    I thought so.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    According to Sport, the fee we received from Neymar's transfer is included in the total. That actually would make the total revenue a bit underwhelming.

We are one of a very few clubs that actually count transfer fee into the total revenue, most other clubs (ManU, Madrid, Bayern etc.) don't. We will have to wait for the Deloitte Money League report to come out to see how we did compared to other clubs.
    Where did you get that from ? That would baffle me as transfer fees are liable for value added tax so the revenue has to be declared accordingly.
    Alexis Defense League

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Where did you get that from ? That would baffle me as transfer fees are liable for value added tax so the revenue has to be declared accordingly.
    I forgot, I think it was Deloitte Money League report a couple of years ago or something which restated our revenue or something. They basically break the revenue down to three sources only: match day, tv and broadcasting, sponsorship and merchandising.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    I forgot, I think it was Deloitte Money League report a couple of years ago or something which restated our revenue or something. They basically break the revenue down to three sources only: match day, tv and broadcasting, sponsorship and merchandising.
    Ok, I just looked it up. There are discrepancies in reporting apparently but not between the clubs listed in the money league but between the reported revenue of the clubs and the reported revenue by Deloitte as Deloitte leaves out certain forms of revenue by default. That actually makes sense btw., think of transfer fees where the payments are made in installments over several months maybe even reaching into the next financial year as opposed to cases where the fee is paid in full immediately; you'd have serious distortions.

Case in point, the 21st edition of the DML had Bayern at 587,8 million Euro while the club reported 640,5 million Euro in revenue.
    Alexis Defense League

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Ok, I just looked it up. There are discrepancies in reporting apparently but not between the clubs listed in the money league but between the reported revenue of the clubs and the reported revenue by Deloitte as Deloitte leaves out certain forms of revenue by default. That actually makes sense btw., think of transfer fees where the payments are made in installments over several months maybe even reaching into the next financial year as opposed to cases where the fee is paid in full immediately; you'd have serious distortions.

Case in point, the 21st edition of the DML had Bayern at 587,8 million Euro while the club reported 640,5 million Euro in revenue.
    So all clubs count money made from selling players (which DML doesn't count) as part of their revenue, not just us? Hmmm, I stand corrected then.
    Sóc Culer.