FC Barcelona Finances

frog-fcb

Great thread id say its bartomeus sole ambition during this term to surpass the one billion turnover mark. I wonder what effect it will have on the figures once messi retires though

Barcafan 2304

That's where I hope long term planning is in place but I get the feeling this board is taking us down a similar path to one already well trodden by Madrid I'm afraid. They will always look to bring in a 'galactico' signing that will keep interest and exposure ticking over

frog-fcb

Yup then the question will soon need to be asked do we go for the money or keep to our morals and values i suppose to under the laporta era we had one big signing a year and tried to fill the rest with youth

Alik

Barca plans to overtake Real Madrid, Manchester United and Bayern in revenues by 2021? I doubt that will happen unless it's matched with high success trophy-wise.

By the way, the football benchmark figures differ from the deloitte ones.

But why even focus on revenues in the first place?

Barcafan 2304

I don't see why it's unreasonable to suggest we won't. Are we not there or thereabouts? Some Barca supporters seem to have no faith or think we are smaller than Madrid. For me, Barca is a huge club worldwide and can continue to grow. I think the stadium being upgraded with more VIP seats and facilities will also help to

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't see why it's unreasonable to suggest we won't. Are we not there or thereabouts? Some Barca supporters seem to have no faith or think we are smaller than Madrid. For me, Barca is a huge club worldwide and can continue to grow. I think the stadium being upgraded with more VIP seats and facilities will also help to

Compare to the top earners (Real Madrid, Manchester United and Bayern), our match day portion of the revenue is not bad at all, revenues from TV rights are less than Madrid's which I don't get and I don't know if the collective TV deal that is slated to kick in next season will see this portion of our revenue shrinking drastically. What really stood out was our commercial/sponsorship/merchandise sales portion of the revenue was quite low compared to the top 3. We should be able to do much better.

And as Cules, we can do our part of not buying any fake stuff and only buy official merchandise so our club gets a share of what we shell out.

Barcafan 2304

Yeah the club should be doing better and maximising revenue. Be interesting to see the Deloitte standings after the past year as I believe the one above followed the previous season?

Alik

It's because we've always been behind Madrid revenue-wise, and during the season 2013-2014, when we didn't win anything, Man Utd and Bayern overtook us too. So if we want to overtake them, we'll logically have to grow faster than them. And our best shot at that will be to at least keep our success trophy-wise. Especially considering how Bayern will keep on winning league titles every season, and how Man Utd and the other EPL teams will be getting more money.

Barcafan 2304

It's because we've always been behind Madrid revenue-wise, and during the season 2013-2014, when we didn't win anything, Man Utd and Bayern overtook us too. So if we want to overtake them, we'll logically have to grow faster than them. And our best shot at that will be to at least keep our success trophy-wise. Especially considering how Bayern will keep on winning league titles every season, and how Man Utd and the other EPL teams will be getting more money.
Fair enough, I am aware that Madrid have topped the revenue table for quite some time. Just think we have grown (and despite some of the flak he receives, the laporta regime over saw that) and have a world wide appeal that can sustain growth. As luftstalag alludes to above, there are commercial avenues we haven't utilised as best we can yet and although it's clouded in controversy, a new modern camp nou in a few seasons will make a difference to. We will see

Galning

If you wanna talk about how shit this board actually is have a look at this:

CR1jqnVXIAA6foe.png

Let me explain for people who can't read Catalan.
Club lets socis know that they can go and read a document in the OAB about the finances of the club and Qatar as our sponsor from October 14 'til 24. They re-direct us to the "Oficina del Compromissari" in the OAB which doesn't exist. Needless to say the documents also haven't been found until this day.

Can't believe that there's still people who follow Barça at least a bit who are saying the board's alright. Lies upon lies upon lies.

JamDav1982

If you wanna talk about how shit this board actually is have a look at this:

CR1jqnVXIAA6foe.png

Let me explain for people who can't read Catalan.
Club lets socis know that they can go and read a document in the OAB about the finances of the club and Qatar as our sponsor from October 14 'til 24. They re-direct us to the "Oficina del Compromissari" in the OAB which doesn't exist. Needless to say the documents also haven't been found until this day.

Can't believe that there's still people who follow Barça at least a bit who are saying the board's alright. Lies upon lies upon lies.

What's the scoop?

They have given people between 14th -24th to read the terms of Qatar deal before it gets voted on at AGM?
But the link shows up with nothing?

Home of Barca Fans