[tw]1230086254785548289[/tw]

lol

The board:
giphy.gif

IGZKEC.gif

Non-puppet press:
giphy.gif

Andrew M

That is bad for us. Many clubs are upgrading their stadiums to allow more revenue generated. The renovated Camp Nou is estimated to generate 150m more a year for us and that is a lot of money to ignore.

If Font or someone else gets elected, I hope they will not scrap Espai Barça altogether and instead find ways to reduce the cost and streamline the process and make the whole project more cost efficient.

You're right, we definitely need the renovations. Real Madrid are taking out a 500 million bank loan but 800 million seems crazy high to me. Perhaps revise the plans

FCBfan22

Unbiased MD is reporting that our financial director already resigned in January, because she got a better job opportunity...

:benitez:

giphy.gif

It seems that Barto has found his scapegoat.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You're right, we definitely need the renovations. Real Madrid are taking out a 500 million bank loan but 800 million seems crazy high to me. Perhaps revise the plans

The latest 815m figure includes a new "headquarters" they want to build that was apparently not in the original plan, no idea what that constitutes. Also the overall actual cost is supposed to be 700m now with 115m added for interest payments. If true, that is just incredibly high interest rate, amounting to about 17%. Real Madrid's 500m loan has a very low interest rate, like 3%, if I am not mistaken.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Implications for our finances from the COVID-19 pandemic. I think it is pretty much guaranteed we will have a net loss, even if we were able to lower the salaries for our sporting squads.

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/el-b...sibles-medidas-de-ajuste-por-el-covid-19.html

via Google Translate

FC Barcelona is one of the most diversified clubs in Europe, for good and for bad. The club has managed to build business lines outside of television that have allowed it to be the first to exceed 1,000 million euros in revenue, but the outbreak of the Covid-19 crisis has stopped them in its tracks . And, if the income statement already pointed to a net profit of minimums, the current context could mean entering into losses. "It is evident that this crisis has a very negative impact on the entire football and sports industry in general, and that the club has an obligation to be ready to face all possible scenarios ," said the board of directors, after a meeting in which the presentation of a record of temporary employment regulation (Erte) has been put on the table. Management has not made a final decision, pending how events will evolve in the coming days. Of course, today "a first approach to different scenarios and possible measures to be taken with the aim of minimizing all economic damages" has been made. One of the added problems for Barça is that just a year ago they decided to recover their entire retail business and absorb a staff of more than 300 professionals who until 2018 depended on Nike. Today, with the stores closed after the state of alarm decree, it is the group of the entity for which an Erte could be presented for a greater cause. The bulk of the savings, however, should come from an adjustment in athletes' salaries , especially those of the soccer and basketball first team. Industry sources reveal that in private conversations the possibility of lowering these salaries has been admitted, as long as it can be coordinated from LaLiga and the ACB. In the case of the sports squad, it would not be technically an Erte, since that formula would hardly guarantee a mileurista salary to players who earn more than a million euros a year. Instead, if a private agreement would be sought to adjust their payrolls to the reality of income that ends up being produced. This year a little more than 500 million euros in payrolls had been budgeted . The board recalled that they are “in permanent contact with the great European clubs, through the ECA and LaLiga, as well as with the leagues and federations of the rest of professional and amateur sports, to share this analysis, and possible measures to apply". The fear of many is that individual actions may influence the movements of footballers at the end of the season. Before the outbreak of the crisis, the club chaired by Josep Maria Bartomeu contemplated a total budget of 1,047 million euros in revenue for 2019-2020 , with an interannual improvement of 5.8%. Only in this way can a net profit of 14 million euros be presented, the triple with which 2018-2019 finally closed . This growth was expected to be achieved with a strong increase in commercial income and the sale of footballers who do not count for the first team. Only in this way can a net profit of 14 million euros be presented, the triple with which it was finally closed 2018-2019 , despite the fact that the wage bill remains at bay waiting for what happens on the pitch, after failing to achieve that cut sucked last year.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
"Barça proposes a salary cut of more than 50% during the state of alarm"

I think 50% is probably too much for the players (not just football, other sports as well) to swallow and this proposal will likely be rejected. There shouldn't be an across-the-board, one-size-fits-all approach in my opinion, the football first team and the men's basketball should take a steeper cut with other squads such as women's football, handball, futsal, roller hockey, rugby etc. taking smaller cuts.

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/el-b...e-mas-del-50-durante-el-estado-de-alarma.html

Last edited:

Neymessi

I don't understand why multi-millionaires with insane wealth can't take a proper wage cut when they aren't even working in that period.

If Messi and the other amigos decline then it really is all money talking these days since Messi etc are those who are loyal to Barca and care for the club more than players normally do.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't understand why multi-millionaires with insane wealth can't take a proper wage cut when they aren't even working in that period.

If Messi and the other amigos decline then it really is all money talking these days since Messi etc are those who are loyal to Barca and care for the club more than players normally do.

Tbf they're still putting in hours in terms of individual training. It's not like the players are on a vacation.

But I agree, they should be able to take a significant cut.

Mitchell1978

They will accept a temporary paycut but maybe not 70 % which i've read on sport, that seems like a lot, maybe something like 50 % eventually.

soul24rage

As expected, our players rejected the pay cut proposal from the club. A bunch of spoiled, overpaid brats.

Meanwhile, Bayern players have agreed on a 20% pay cut and Dortmund players will "waive part of their salaries".

https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelo...educe-wages-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-sources

I'm sure if the Barca players were offered 20% pay cut, they would do that no problem.

If the reported 70% is true, then I could see a bit why they might reject it.

Maybe a 50% pay cut would be more reasonable.

Richard.H

50- 70 % is an insane paycut even for millionaires. Propose 20-30 %. Even with situations like this our board fucks up.

Home of Barca Fans