User Tag List

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 754

Thread: FC Barcelona Finances

  1. #736
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,457
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swiss Ramble always has great stuff.

    We raked in a lot of money last season but a lot of it was tied to our CL performance (being able to advance to the semis) which is not guaranteed. There are many other avenues of growth to be pursued, especially in the commercial area.

    The fact that we kept piling up debt and our total liabilities have shot up to 1.2 billion euros is very concerning. No matter how much money we make we have to pay those bills and debt when they are due.

    "It is true that Barca remain profitable and have the highest revenue in football, but the wage bill is huge and they need to watch the growing debt levels. - Swiss Ramble"
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  2. #737
    Member
    Sailor Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is troubling how much greater our wage bill, debts, and liabilities are compared to Real Madrid. Madrid are the closest comparable to Barcelona in terms of playing in the same league/country, and having revenues roughly in the same ballpark. Concerning that their financials look considerably better.

  3. #738
    Senior Member
    maldhowayanr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,619
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #739
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,467
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Deloitte publish their annual football money league in January 2020, according to Forbes, this will be the top 4:

    Barca: €852

    Real Madrid: €757

    Man Utd: €732

    Bayern: €650



    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymc.../#68a42c5d73aa

  5. #740
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,467
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    La Liga published 2018-19 tv revenue distribution: https://en.as.com/en/2019/12/12/foot...45_349755.html

    Barca: 166.5 million

    Real Madrid: 155.3 million

    Atleti: 119.2 million

  6. #741
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,467
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deloitte Football Money League 2020

    So this takes into account the 18/19 season

    1. Barcelona - €840.8m (£741.1m)

    2. Real Madrid - €757.3m (£667.5m)

    3. Manchester United - €711.5m (£627.1m)

    4. Bayern Munich - €660.1m (£581.8m)

    5. Paris Saint Germain - €635.9m (£560.5m)

    6. Manchester City - €610.6m (£538.2m)

    7. Liverpool - €604.7m (£533m)

    8. Tottenham - €521.1m (£459.3m)

    9. Chelsea - €513.1m (£452.2m)

    10. Juventus - €459.7m (£405.2m)

    11. Arsenal - €445.6m (£392.7m)

    12. Borussia Dortmund - €377.1m (£332.4m)

    13. Atletico Madrid - (€367.6m (£324.0m)

    14. Inter Milan (€364.6m (£321.3m)

    15. Schalke (€324.8m (£286.3m)

    16. Roma (€231.0m (£203.6m)

    17. Lyon (€220.8m (£194.6m)

    18. West Ham - €216.4m (£190.7m)

    19. Everton - €213.0m (£187.7m)

    20. Napoli - €207.4m (£182.8m)


    For the first time in history we are the richest club in the world in terms of revenue and by a record margin between 1st and 2nd.

    A few notes on Barca from Dan Jones, a partner at Deloitte: 'Barca are a clear example of a club adapting to changing market conditions, reducing the reliance on broadcast revenue and focusing on growing revenues within its control.

    'The club's commercial operation generated 383.5m euros (£326.6m) of revenue, which is more than the total revenue of the 12th-placed club in this year's Money League.

    'With the club expecting further growth of 30m euros (£25.5m) in commercial revenues and total revenue of almost 880m euros (£749.5m) in 2019-20, we expect them to retain the top spot in next year's edition.'


    Man Utd's revenues are forecast to fall next year due to no CL football so could potentially be below Bayern, PSG, City and Liverpool next year.
    Last edited by Andrew M; 14th January 2020 at 03:22 PM.

  7. #742
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    279
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Deloitte Football Money League 2020

    So this takes into account the 18/19 season

    1. Barcelona - €840.8m (£741.1m)

    2. Real Madrid - €757.3m (£667.5m)

    3. Manchester United - €711.5m (£627.1m)

    4. Bayern Munich - €660.1m (£581.8m)

    5. Paris Saint Germain - €635.9m (£560.5m)

    6. Manchester City - €610.6m (£538.2m)

    7. Liverpool - €604.7m (£533m)

    8. Tottenham - €521.1m (£459.3m)

    9. Chelsea - €513.1m (£452.2m)

    10. Juventus - €459.7m (£405.2m)

    11. Arsenal - €445.6m (£392.7m)

    12. Borussia Dortmund - €377.1m (£332.4m)

    13. Atletico Madrid - (€367.6m (£324.0m)

    14. Inter Milan (€364.6m (£321.3m)

    15. Schalke (€324.8m (£286.3m)

    16. Roma (€231.0m (£203.6m)

    17. Lyon (€220.8m (£194.6m)

    18. West Ham - €216.4m (£190.7m)

    19. Everton - €213.0m (£187.7m)

    20. Napoli - €207.4m (£182.8m)


    For the first time in history we are the richest club in the world in terms of revenue and by a record margin between 1st and 2nd.

    A few notes on Barca from Dan Jones, a partner at Deloitte: 'Barca are a clear example of a club adapting to changing market conditions, reducing the reliance on broadcast revenue and focusing on growing revenues within its control.

    'The club's commercial operation generated 383.5m euros (£326.6m) of revenue, which is more than the total revenue of the 12th-placed club in this year's Money League.

    'With the club expecting further growth of 30m euros (£25.5m) in commercial revenues and total revenue of almost 880m euros (£749.5m) in 2019-20, we expect them to retain the top spot in next year's edition.'


    Man Utd's revenues are forecast to fall next year due to no CL football so could potentially be below Bayern, PSG, City and Liverpool next year.
    How much of all of this is profit?

  8. #743
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,467
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    How much of all of this is profit?
    Well our profits from 18/19 were 5 million after tax and we are projected 11 million after tax profit in 19/20.

    But we don't pay shareholders so it's not that important

  9. #744
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    279
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Well our profits from 18/19 were 5 million after tax and we are projected 11 million after tax profit in 19/20.

    But we don't pay shareholders so it's not that important
    I guess at least the board have been running the finances well then.

  10. #745
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,467
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I guess at least the board have been running the finances well then.
    The one thing they are good at, although the wages need to be kept under control

  11. #746
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,457
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Deloitte Football Money League 2020

    So this takes into account the 18/19 season

    1. Barcelona - €840.8m (£741.1m)

    2. Real Madrid - €757.3m (£667.5m)

    3. Manchester United - €711.5m (£627.1m)

    4. Bayern Munich - €660.1m (£581.8m)

    5. Paris Saint Germain - €635.9m (£560.5m)

    6. Manchester City - €610.6m (£538.2m)

    7. Liverpool - €604.7m (£533m)

    8. Tottenham - €521.1m (£459.3m)

    9. Chelsea - €513.1m (£452.2m)

    10. Juventus - €459.7m (£405.2m)

    11. Arsenal - €445.6m (£392.7m)

    12. Borussia Dortmund - €377.1m (£332.4m)

    13. Atletico Madrid - (€367.6m (£324.0m)

    14. Inter Milan (€364.6m (£321.3m)

    15. Schalke (€324.8m (£286.3m)

    16. Roma (€231.0m (£203.6m)

    17. Lyon (€220.8m (£194.6m)

    18. West Ham - €216.4m (£190.7m)

    19. Everton - €213.0m (£187.7m)

    20. Napoli - €207.4m (£182.8m)


    For the first time in history we are the richest club in the world in terms of revenue and by a record margin between 1st and 2nd.

    A few notes on Barca from Dan Jones, a partner at Deloitte: 'Barca are a clear example of a club adapting to changing market conditions, reducing the reliance on broadcast revenue and focusing on growing revenues within its control.

    'The club's commercial operation generated 383.5m euros (£326.6m) of revenue, which is more than the total revenue of the 12th-placed club in this year's Money League.

    'With the club expecting further growth of 30m euros (£25.5m) in commercial revenues and total revenue of almost 880m euros (£749.5m) in 2019-20, we expect them to retain the top spot in next year's edition.'


    Man Utd's revenues are forecast to fall next year due to no CL football so could potentially be below Bayern, PSG, City and Liverpool next year.
    Our growth last season was mostly attributed to the new Nike deal kicking in and the fact we took the merchandising rights in house, which drove the growth in our commercial portion of the revenues. Making to the CL semis with both Real Madrid and Atletico being eliminated helped too as we took home more money from the CL than even Liverpool.

    This season is not looking particularly strong for us so far. Our average attendance numbers dropped while Real Madrid's increased (so their match day portion of the revenue will likely grow), Real Madrid took home 12m more from the Super Copa than us, having won it and their new Adidas deal will kick in this season. I don't know where that 30m growth in commercial revenues comes from, I do expect Real Madrid to overtake us again or getting really tight for the 19/20 season (2021 edition of the Deloitte Money League Report).
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  12. #747
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,457
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Well our profits from 18/19 were 5 million after tax and we are projected 11 million after tax profit in 19/20.

    But we don't pay shareholders so it's not that important
    It is important though, no matter how much money we take in if our expenses are so high, even to the point of getting that close to the total revenues received (or even more), that means we have no money left to do anything and we will have to borrow money. Our 18/19 profit is among the lowest while the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, Bayern and Real Madrid all took home a lot of money as profit.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  13. #748
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,457
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our staff cost vs. revenues ratio is still too high:

    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  14. #749
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    16,457
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some resources for those who are interested:

    2020 Deloitte Football Money League Report (Full)

    Swiss Ramble's thread analyzing the latest Deloitte report



    KPMG's "The European Championship Report 2020"


    Not directly related, the European Footballing Landscape Report issued by UEFA
    Last edited by Luftstalag14; 16th January 2020 at 02:38 PM.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  15. #750
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,467
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Our growth last season was mostly attributed to the new Nike deal kicking in and the fact we took the merchandising rights in house, which drove the growth in our commercial portion of the revenues. Making to the CL semis with both Real Madrid and Atletico being eliminated helped too as we took home more money from the CL than even Liverpool.

    This season is not looking particularly strong for us so far. Our average attendance numbers dropped while Real Madrid's increased (so their match day portion of the revenue will likely grow), Real Madrid took home 12m more from the Super Copa than us, having won it and their new Adidas deal will kick in this season. I don't know where that 30m growth in commercial revenues comes from, I do expect Real Madrid to overtake us again or getting really tight for the 19/20 season (2021 edition of the Deloitte Money League Report).
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    It is important though, no matter how much money we take in if our expenses are so high, even to the point of getting that close to the total revenues received (or even more), that means we have no money left to do anything and we will have to borrow money. Our 18/19 profit is among the lowest while the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, Bayern and Real Madrid all took home a lot of money as profit.
    Where are you getting your attendance figures from? They seem better this season than last. You're correct that Madrid will push us close next year if they do bring their merchandising in-house like us, but it still leaves us and Madrid miles ahead of the competition from Bayern and Utd. PSG and City should be nowhere on this list as they basically sponsor themselves. Such bs.

    It's true that our wages are way bigger than Madrid's, but are they paying the greatest player to have ever lived? Take out his salary and it probably knocks off 100 million from wages. I reckon Perez would be willing to pay Mbappe a hell of a lot soon.

    It's also true that Madrid's net debt is better than ours. But our revenues are very strong and the club has shown reason to believe we will continue to be at the vanguard of the economic growth in football