FC Barcelona Finances

FC433

Palco23’s report added that the reasons for each company’s departure were very different.

Lassa, for example, decided it could not continue its annual payment of €5 million (US$5.7 million) due to the collapse of the Turkish lira. Turkey international Arda Turan’s long-term loan switch from Barcelona to İstanbul Başakşehir was also apparently a factor.

Meanwhile, Palco23 cited a source claiming that Gillette and Audi were unwilling to meet Barcelona’s new contract demands, with the La Liga outfit apparently asking both companies to double their financial commitment.
-

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
it's more like we dropping them. fools can't afford to be associated with us.

i'm fairly confident that we can get 15mil or double that, from other companies.

Not really, if you read the article, it clearly indicates that both Gillette and Audi chose not to renew with us because we are demanding twice the money they have been giving us on an annual basis. We don’t drop sponsors unless it is because some sort of ethical scandals, sponsors walk away. I don’t think we pick and choose sponsors, if the amount offered is low or under what we were expecting we simply make them a regional partner instead of a global or a premium partner.

In Audi’s case, it was reported previously that they don’t see a good return in their investment by sponsoring us (and some other clubs as well) so they decided to drop us, they are now heavily focusing on the German market and are throwing more money to keep their stake in Bayern, for example.

I am not that confident that we will find replacements easily. As I have been saying, we have been lagging behind Real Madrid, Bayern and Manchester United in the commercial portion of the revenue for a while. We struggled to find someone to replace Qatar Airways as our main shirt sponsor and Rakuten is only paying us 55m a year as opposed to 70m Real Madrid is getting from Emirates Airlines and 65m Manchester United is getting from Chevrolet. We are also struggling to sell Camp Nou naming rights. Just last week I received an e-mail with a survey from the club regarding commercial sponsors and partners, I think it is a sign that the club is under pressure to attract more sponsors.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Not really, if you read the article, it clearly indicates that both Gillette and Audi chose not to renew with us because we are demanding twice the money they have been giving us on an annual basis. We don’t drop sponsors unless it is because some sort of ethical scandals, sponsors walk away. I don’t think we pick and choose sponsors, if the amount offered is low or under what we were expecting we simply make them a regional partner instead of a global or a premium partner.

In Audi’s case, it was reported previously that they don’t see a good return in their investment by sponsoring us (and some other clubs as well) so they decided to drop us, they are now heavily focusing on the German market and are throwing more money to keep their stake in Bayern, for example.

I am not that confident that we will find replacements easily. As I have been saying, we have been lagging behind Real Madrid, Bayern and Manchester United in the commercial portion of the revenue for a while. We struggled to find someone to replace Qatar Airways as our main shirt sponsor and Rakuten is only paying us 55m a year as opposed to 70m Real Madrid is getting from Emirates Airlines and 65m Manchester United is getting from Chevrolet. We are also struggling to sell Camp Nou naming rights. Just last week I received an e-mail with a survey from the club regarding commercial sponsors and partners, I think it is a sign that the club is under pressure to attract more sponsors.

I think you are far too pessimistic, my friend

Andrew M

The state of our club, both from the sporting and financial perspective, does not make one optimistic.

The financial state makes me more optimistic than the sporting. What do we have to fear? Sure, Real Madrid will probably always generate a bit more money than us, but Utd are a shambles and Bayern will never be bigger than us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The financial state makes me more optimistic than the sporting. What do we have to fear? Sure, Real Madrid will probably always generate a bit more money than us, but Utd are a shambles and Bayern will never be bigger than us.

What do we have to fear financially? A pile of debt, stagnant growth in revenue while expenses are going up the roof. Our revenue growth in the last several years has been less than stellar, this year I expect stronger growth thanks to the new Nike contract and money generated from the CL. But long term prospect? Not looking good.

Don’t ever underestimate Manchester United. Commercially they have the most successful club, having the most number of sponsors, even more than Real Madrid, despite having been lackluster on the pitch. They have fans everywhere, especially in Asia and the US. The fact that we, equipped with the best player in the world Messi, couldn’t generate more commercial revenue than ManU until the 17/18 season speaks volumes about their commercial strength. Plus they and other English clubs have the ever growing TV rights money that no other leagues can catch.

Bayern is very strong financially and commercially, they have zero debt, a lot of cash on hands and the 2nd highest commercial revenue (only second to Real Madrid, more than us) last season. Their weak spots are match day revenue (primarily due to lower ticket prices) and TV money, which Bundesliga is aggressively working on expanding. I am not sure that we will always be bigger than Bayern at all, what is separating us is a mere 60-70m in revenue a year right now, a gap they can totally close. Audi was reportedly going to offer Bayern additional 80m a year to keep their stake there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
New sponsors will arrive.

We have the biggest revenues in sponsors with Nike+Rakuten+Beko.

Actually, we are pretty much even with Madrid from the shirt manufacturer and shirt sponsors. Let’s see:

We are getting between 105m(min) and 155m(max) each year from Nike starting this season. We are getting 55m from Rakuten each year. From Beko we are getting 19m each year. So at the maximum we are getting 229m each year.

Real Madrid gets between 110m(min) and 160m(max) each year from the new deal with Adidas. They get 70m from Emirates Airlines. No secondary shirt sponsor yet for them. So they get up to 230m per year.

Home of Barca Fans