FC Barcelona Finances

MTL_Barca

AS always writes shit about Barca, just remember when they reported Barca can't pay the wage bills and has to loan the full 120M for Griezmann just like a month ago so i wouldn't believe anything they write.

But i think it's quite obvious the club wants/needs to sell a big name to balance things out. The wages are already very high, Griezmann earns a lot and the Firpo transfer would put Barca at around -110M transfer balance. Ideally it's Coutinho who also earns about as much as Griezmann (?) or at least Rakitic.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exactly. It would be stupid to keep that much money laying in your bank account. Money needs to be making more money all the time. That's how you get wealthy/wealthier.

The problem is we don't have much excessive cash sitting anywhere, our post-tax earnings have been only around 10m per season and there is not much left to invest in anything other than paying down the debt.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We're healthy just ignore click bait, alarmist fear-mongering

How do you know we are healthy? I mean the AS article was probably BS but the fact that we had to keep borrowing money to fill up our transfer coffer shows we are not that healthy financially.

Andrew M

How do you know we are healthy? I mean the AS article was probably BS but the fact that we had to keep borrowing money to fill up our transfer coffer shows we are not that healthy financially.

You're referring to the Griezmann transfer? No club has 120 million in cash as was mentioned. Finances is the one thing our board succeeds at.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The Twitter thread from Swiss Ramble on our finances after the end of 17/18 season:

[tw]1062250988575309824[/tw]

BarçaBarça

Any media reports about how f***** our finances will be if we buy Neymar?

Both in terms of loan for the fee and in terms of wages, which should be a focus point for this so-called "economy-focused" board. His wages will be outrageous, we all know that, but 200M for him seems so ridiculous to splash in our situation.

FC433

THE BUDGET AND DEBT
“We will present a budget for the 2019/20 season with around €1.06bn in income."

“I want to give a message of calm. We have healthy finances and we are a robust club. The fact that financial entities join with us to offer us resources is a clear demonstration that we are solid."

“The level of debt is normal and complies with the ratios set by the statutes. We are under the EBITDA, and we have an enormous EBITDA that generate a lot of income."

"Last year we generated nearly €180m Ebitda, with accumulated profits of €153m and a net debt of around €160m. If we add Espai Barça to this, then this debt is €217m."
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club...n?hootPostID=a3951e7fbd9e50d5e08492175167d53e

Thoughts?

Home of Barca Fans