FC Barcelona Finances

PhilS

That is low debt for a business of this size, only about two months worth of revenue.

The big economic question for this team is: What type of bang for the buck is the team getting for a payroll over 2/3 of a billion euros?

I don't know how all this payroll is divied up, but obviously the team is getting very little production from quite a few very highly-paid employees.

JPM85

That is low debt for a business of this size, only about two months worth of revenue.

The big economic question for this team is: What type of bang for the buck is the team getting for a payroll over 2/3 of a billion euros?

I don't know how all this payroll is divied up, but obviously the team is getting very little production from quite a few very highly-paid employees.

Major part of the payroll increase is the extention of Messi's contract, in which a big sign fee was attached.
Believe we will have a decrease of about 100-125m a year when Messi retires.

So let's say we are now at 600m for the first squad on salary:
Messi (100m), Suarez (40m), Busquets (20m), Pique (20m), Rakitic (20m) will all leave the club in 2-3 years.
That means our wage bill will drop again by 200m, and let's hope for good financial planning, the new players on their positions shoudn't earn more than 100m combined.

FinBarcelonafan

Major part of the payroll increase is the extention of Messi's contract, in which a big sign fee was attached.
Believe we will have a decrease of about 100-125m a year when Messi retires.

So let's say we are now at 600m for the first squad on salary:
Messi (100m), Suarez (40m), Busquets (20m), Pique (20m), Rakitic (20m) will all leave the club in 2-3 years.
That means our wage bill will drop again by 200m, and let's hope for good financial planning, the new players on their positions shoudn't earn more than 100m combined.

Player salaries increase all the time. Probably will take the same salary.

Leo_Messi

Just confirms what most of us already knew, namely that the financial state of the club is really, really strong. One of the few things that this otherwise useless board has not destroyed after touching it. In any case it would take a special kind of retard to destroy one of the most successful and popular clubs in the world (if not the most popular club in the world - at least based on social media following which says a lot nowadays) with some of the biggest and most mediatic players at the helm.

BTW people often forget that Barça is the most extensive sports club in Europe arguably. We have so many professional and successful sports sections. The annual expenses (say wage bill and transfers), although very low compared to the football section, are not entirely irrelevant.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We just borrowed another 90m from Swiss and French creditors. On top of the 140m from the US at the beginning of the year plus another 30m to finance Griezmann's transfer, we have borrowed 260m in the last 12 months.

This 90m appears to be secured to pay off debt that will come due soon, basically we are borrowing money to pay off other debt. Sure the interest rate is low, 1.5%, however the fact that we have to keep borrowing concerns me. I don't even think all this money we borrowed is necessarily going to help fund the Espai Barca project.

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/el-b...deuda-a-largo-plazo-con-allianz-y-amundi.html

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

We just borrowed another 90m from Swiss and French creditors. On top of the 140m from the US at the beginning of the year plus another 30m to finance Griezmann's transfer, we have borrowed 260m in the last 12 months.

Sure the interest rate is low, 1.5%, however the fact that we have to keep borrowing concerns me. I don't even think this money is necessarily going to help fund the Espai Barca project.

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/el-b...deuda-a-largo-plazo-con-allianz-y-amundi.html

1.5% interest is ridiculously low. Dunno how Barto pulls those loans off.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

This is what I don't understand, the renowned football finance writer Swiss Ramble calculated that we had 888m of liabilities/debt of all kinds at the end of 17/18 season. Perhaps the club is only talking about short-term debt?

[tw]1062254391510659072[/tw]

Dr3iu_uX0AAg13c

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bartomeu and co can keep boasting our revenues last season (which could be a fluke because of the large amount of money, approximately 81m received from UEFA thanks to our advancement to the CL semis) but the fact of the matter is we kept borrowing. Now we have 200m plus of loans due in 2023/2024 if we don't refinance them and we owe other clubs a whopping 261m of unpaid transfer fees, with Liverpool (94.6m) and Ajax (48.6m) being our largest club creditors.

What is really interesting is that we reportedly still owe Valencia CF 31.5m for Neto while they owe us 13.8m for Cillessen. What kind of fucked up deal was that??

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/el-b...al-y-ya-debe-261-millones-a-otros-clubes.html

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
Another interesting post by Swissramble. Not gonna post them all as its a pretty huge thread but worth a read if youre interested in our current finances.

Not only is #FCBarcelona’s €501m wage bill the highest in Spain, but it is also by some distance the highest in Europe. As a comparison, the closest challenger is #MUFC €375m (€125m lower), while their Champions League nemesis #LFC was “only” €298m (€200m lower).

EG0j4mbWsAAidNR.jpg

FinBarcelonafan

Another interesting post by Swissramble. Not gonna post them all as its a pretty huge thread but worth a read if youre interested in our current finances.

Not only is #FCBarcelona’s €501m wage bill the highest in Spain, but it is also by some distance the highest in Europe. As a comparison, the closest challenger is #MUFC €375m (€125m lower), while their Champions League nemesis #LFC was “only” €298m (€200m lower).

EG0j4mbWsAAidNR.jpg

Isnt Barcelona wage bill from all sports they play?

FinBarcelonafan

I would worry more if i was a united fan lol. Talk about low return on their investment

I think ManU in their current state has to throw a lot of money to their players so they stay. No one wants to play in Manchester (boring city anyways, not much to do) and now they suck at football and developing players, why would anyone want to stay there? I think they need to start from clean table.

Home of Barca Fans