FC Barcelona Finances

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Any information regarding how much Barca needs to shave off before they are under the new wage cap limit ?

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

according to Sport:
La Liga revealed on Tuesday the salary limits for the 42 clubs across Spain's top two divisions, with Barcelona hit the hardest by the coronavirus pandemic.

The majority of clubs will have to reduce spending across the 2020-21 season but not have to knock more off their wage bill than Barca, who have had almost ?300m reduced from their limit.

At the start of last season, Bar?a's limit was fixed at ?671m but for the current campaign it has been reduced to ?382m.

Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid must also make cutbacks but not as much as Bar?a. Madrid's limit has dropped from ?641m to ?468.5m and Atletico's has fallen ?131.8m to ?252.7m.

The only way to make this feasible is to get players to agree to a reduction of their salary at the same percentage the club's revenue changed. No one wants to earn less than what he has agreed to in his contract, but in the end those players are the ones who profited the most from the money machine football has become in recent years.

Givenchy

If they refuse a salary reduction they should leave, simple as that. let Messi join City, that should free up a significant amount, Griezmann and Coutinho also

invest in some scouts and look for Pedri talents. lets be honest, we aren't winning shit even with 'galactico' players so we may as well return to our roots of la masia/developing players

this is actually a unique chance for the new board to rebuild Barca properly but no doubt they will sell other assets in order to keep Messi at the club.. i dread to think how bad our financial system would be had we re-signed Neymar

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What I don't understand is why our salary cup is almost 90m less than Real Madrid's, is that mostly driven by the loss of our expected revenue (vs. average transfer income for the past three years)? If so, how is our expected income so much less than Real Madrid's as the published number don't suggest so? Yes we are potentially losing all of the matchday revenue for the entire season and our sponsorship revenue is taking a dip, but Real Madrid is facing the same issues, aren't they? Matchday portion they receive a bit less than us but not that much less.

Messigician

What I don't understand is why our salary cup is almost 90m less than Real Madrid's, is that mostly driven by the loss of our expected revenue (vs. average transfer income for the past three years)? If so, how is our expected income so much less than Real Madrid's as the published number don't suggest so? Yes we are potentially losing all of the matchday revenue for the entire season and our sponsorship revenue is taking a dip, but Real Madrid is facing the same issues, aren't they? Matchday portion they receive a bit less than us but not that much less.

Real Madrid didn't even cut wages.

They're certainly healthier than us in terms of finances and it's not even close tbh

No Griezmann on 800k a week for them. Coutinho on 400k a week, Dembele 220k a week, De Jong 240k a week, MATS highest paid keeper in the world, Messi 1.2m a week (lol) with 100m loyalty bonus or whatever we paid him in that insane contract.

Messi983

The management board of FC Barcelona and the lawyers of the players of the Barcelona first team have reached an agreement in principle for the adjustment of their salaries, news that RAC1 has advanced throughout the afternoon. Shortly afterwards, FC Barcelona issued a joint statement from both parties in which it announced an ?adjustment of the salary cost of the current season of 122 million fixed remuneration, to which is added the deferral for 3 years of the variable remuneration of this season , budgeted at an approximate figure of 50 million euros ?, which ends more than a month of talks.

With regard to the treasury, which suffers from the urgency of immediate payments, the agreement supposes to stop paying this month of January 172 million euros that otherwise had to be paid. The agreement, in any case, is "pending ratification by the players and technicians affected", according to the statement itself.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Things Tusquets says don't sound insignificant

Absolutely true, the club is in a really dire situation financially and without much cash to pay the salaries and expenses. We sort of saw that coming, with the shrinking net income every season leading up to last season before COVID struck, the club let the expenses balloon so much to the point that even though our revenue was growing steadfastly prior to COVID and among the highest if not the highest in Europe, it was being outpaced by the growth of expenses. The fact that we are relying on so much matchday and certain components of the commercial revenue (such as visits to the museum and stores etc.) is alarming.

I know debt-wise we are really bad, what I don't understand is cash-wise how come other clubs such as Real Madrid and many others are faring pretty well. I mean they also lost 200m or so from matchday and reduced commercial revenue but they didn't have this sort of crisis with regard to cash on hand.

FinBarcelonafan

Absolutely true, the club is in a really dire situation financially and without much cash to pay the salaries and expenses. We sort of saw that coming, with the shrinking net income every season leading up to last season before COVID struck, the club let the expenses balloon so much to the point that even though our revenue was growing steadfastly prior to COVID and among the highest if not the highest in Europe, it was being outpaced by the growth of expenses. The fact that we are relying on so much matchday and certain components of the commercial revenue (such as visits to the museum and stores etc.) is alarming.

I know debt-wise we are really bad, what I don't understand is cash-wise how come other clubs such as Real Madrid and many others are faring pretty well. I mean they also lost 200m or so from matchday and reduced commercial revenue but they didn't have this sort of crisis with regard to cash on hand.

I don't think Real had any debt before Covid. We had a lot.

Home of Barca Fans