FC Barcelona Finances

El Flaco

I strongly recommend you guys to read this article if you want to have a better understanding for Barcelona's financial situation.
Here's some infographics from the article btw.

Variation in income between the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 seasons

eTD4bUy.jpg

Variation in expenditure between the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 seasons

A3R0wa6.jpg

Variation in income between the 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 seasons

W0Oen6z.jpg

Variation in expenditure between the 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 seasons

NhdIe1U.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11687-Josep-Maria-Bartomeu?p=1570164&viewfull=1#post1570164

Not a lot of substance at all, not surprisingly. I still have no idea how he is planning to make us the first club that is reaching the 1 billion revenue mark. How will the renovated Camp Nou pay for itself? Where would the revenue come from? From real estates surrounding the stadium? From the naming rights? But those sound like peanuts money compared to how much we will have to spend for the Espai project.

Also, it is no secret that we are lagging the EPL in terms of TV money. How will the situation improve at all for us given we will have the collective TV rights packaged for the whole league? And we MUST do more to expand more commercial revenues which lags far behind Bayern, the one that has the highest commercial revenue of all clubs.

dlx3

If we have a decent run in CL, revenues this season will be somewhere near 650M€.

For 16/17 we will have a new main shirt sponsor(cca. 70M€ per season-50% increase), training shirt sponsor (cca. 22M€) and the new TV deal will bring in extra 15M€. IMO the revenues for 16/17 will be ~ 720M€. Then comes the kit deal. Current one with nike expires in 2018 and brings in app. 35M€. United signed adidas deal for 105M€ per season and I believe Barca should get at least what Manchester is earning. Revenues for 18/19 should be more than ~840M€. For 19/20 La Liga gets a new TV deal. The one signed one week ago raised TV revenues for 100%(from 820M€ to 1630M€ per season). Tebas and some analysts at sportcal are predicting La Liga could earn 2.8-3€bn from 19/20 onwards. That would raise Barca TV income for at least another 100M€. That means we are somewhere near ~950M€ at the end of 2020. 1bn mark in 2012 my opinion is doable.

Just my speculation :p

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
MD reports that the club is going to part ways with Qatar Airways allegedly because Qatar Airways is not willing to meet the club's demand of raising the annual sponsorship fee to 75m a year and apparently Bartomeu believes we have other options and now they are calling our bluff and they too want to part ways.

Given the low oil price and its implications to many oil producing countries like Qatar (it is believed that they shut down Al-Jazeera America partially for this reason), I can see why their coffer is quite tight right now. I worry that we won't easily find alternatives that will pay as much as we desire and it might impact our finances in very nagative ways and hinder our development plans in the coming years.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Look at it from the bright side. At least we won't be associated with a country that exports terrorism.

If Barto can't deliver a sales pitch with treble and MSN in his hands then he basically has no remaining qualities as Barca president.

F

Flavia

There's a piece on sport saying Qatar and faus had reached an agreement for a renewal of 60m, and Barto got excited about the treble and demanded 100m, which they obviously refused, and now don't even want to renew the sponsorship for 60m. And Barto has no plan b. Very worrying, especially with Messi and Neymar to renew. The Qatar deal ends in June.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
The janitor could do a better job at managing the club than this clown.

100m is over the top, yes, especially considering that the source of their income is oil, and the current oil market is a disaster.

Besides, for 60m, there would be a lot of interested parties, atleast we'd get rid of Qatar.

What amuses me is that Barto, that clown, doesn't have a plan B that would secure his position. IIRC, they have 2 years to reach some kind of an financial index, and if failed, the board needs to step down.

This brings us to the second financial problem the club has right now. The ratio Monje refers to is the maximum net debt to EBITDA ratio specified in article 67 of the club’s bylaws, which were approved in 2013 at the suggestion of the board. Article 67 states that by the end of the 2017-2018 financial year, this ratio has to be less than 2, with a progressive decrease from the time the statuses were approved until 2018.

The 2014-2015 season had a maximum ratio of 2.75 (which was exceeded). For 2015-2016, it’s 2.5, 2.25 for 2016-2017 and from 2017-2018 onwards it’s 2. The fact that the board failed to meet this ratio (debt was €328 million, EBITDA €105 million) for the previous season means that they now have two seasons to get back to the set ratios or they will have to resign. The club’s forecasted EBITDA for 2015-2016 is €120 million and they expect the debt to go down to €290 million, numbers that would give us a 2.41 ratio, thus meeting the required limit.

Messi will probably negotiate a deal himself, that little dictator of ours :messi:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There's a piece on sport saying Qatar and faus had reached an agreement for a renewal of 60m, and Barto got excited about the treble and demanded 100m, which they obviously refused, and now don't even want to renew the sponsorship for 60m. And Barto has no plan b. Very worrying, especially with Messi and Neymar to renew. The Qatar deal ends in June.

Indeed very worrying. This will put a damper on EVERYTHING, from player renewals to potentially buying new players.

I am not sure if we can quickly find anyone who can come up with 60m right now. Just beg Qatar to come back, I don't care if it is Qatar or not.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Flavia, please help me out here, what exactly is this article saying?

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...a-junta-ya-sabe-que-lo-de-qatar-se-aleja.html

So we previously agreed upon a 60m deal with them and they backed out when we wanted to add 15m? Or did the Qataris have second thoughts about the 60m that was agreed upon?

Damn this is making my day going sour.

That articles doesn't give a lot of details as to "why" but basically it says that the negociations got complicated when the Qatar Airways executives sent Faus an email where they were backing out on some of the financial conditions previously agreed upon.

There has been very little talks between the parts since then and no part seems ready to do the effort to re-warm the relations.

MD says there are other alternatives that could be just as interesting financially but doesn't name any, except for Nike's deal that when renewed is expected to get us "spectacular" amounts.

Basically, clasic "nothing is our fault" "nike will make us rich"... but in reality = Bartomeu has no plan B whatsoever now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That articles doesn't give a lot of details as to "why" but basically it says that the negociations got complicated when the Qatar Airways executives sent Faus an email where they were backing out on some of the financial conditions previously agreed upon.

There has been very little talks between the parts since then and no part seems ready to do the effort to re-warm the relations.

MD says there are other alternatives that could be just as interesting financially but doesn't name any, except for Nike's deal that when renewed is expected to get us "spectacular" amounts.

Basically, clasic "nothing is our fault" "nike will make us rich"... but in reality = Bartomeu has no plan B whatsoever now.

Thanks man, I seriously pray that Bartomeu is not bluffing. If we don't have a plan B and no other sponsors are lining up to drop the cash we want, I'd think he would be begging the Qataris at this point? Or is this a game of chicken and let's see who blinks first?

If we let this one drag out it might hurt us really bad in the end.

frog-fcb

Perhaps bartomeu will try an make it look like he has got rid of the sponsor from our shirt thus earning some more support from the old school romantics who love the plain jersey

frog-fcb

Yeah but it he doesnt find anyone else hel no doubt get the pr machine fired up.to make it look like he brought back the plain jersey

Home of Barca Fans