FC Barcelona Finances

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
What I find uncool is that they will come to the assembly with only qatar airways in the plans, so the socios can't reject it without causing a difficult situation !

Barcafan 2304

Big minus for Bartomeu if he fails to show up with an alternative for Qatar.

Be interesting mate. Just wondering, and this is a totally extreme situation and hypothetical, could a motion of no confidence occur at any point in a presidency?

Galning

Be interesting mate. Just wondering, and this is a totally extreme situation and hypothetical, could a motion of no confidence occur at any point in a presidency?

Yes it is possible but the fact that Barto won the elections only a couple of months ago with a huge lead over the others shows that this won't happen soon.

Isn't it very difficult to complete the process anyway ? IIRC a small % of culès have to actually show up at camp nou or wherever the motion is discussed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Isn't it very difficult to complete the process anyway ? IIRC a small % of culès have to actually show up at camp nou or wherever the motion is discussed.

15% of socis need to support it for it to happen.

Then 61 % I believe of total votes needed to kick him out.

Even if Bartomeu messes up and a motion of no confidence goes through, he'll most likely survive. Won't get the 61 % needed.

I hope we get new candidates next election....

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's a possibilty Barto gets convicted or forced to step down due to legal proceedings.
Would they call elections then is another question.

DonAK

There's a possibilty Barto gets convicted or forced to step down due to legal proceedings.
Would they call elections then is another question.

I assume he'll step down and Cardoner takes over presidency. No way these guys are stepping down, especially with the backing they got.

I just hope that our next candidates and presidents are others than #TeamRosell and #TeamLaporta. Club need a change, a new direction.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
TeamDonnaK is under investigation for electoral fraud. Votes currently under investigation. #fcblive

#teamBojan to present an 80 million as-of-yet-unknown energy drink sponsor ? :pep:

Seriously, if correct the 61% figure required for a motion of no confidence to pass is crazy. I assume the socios would have to physically be there for their votes to be counted.
Ridiculous to be fair. If it is indeed a two round thing (15% then 61%), there is no reason why 51% wouldn't be sufficient.
Seems like a no confidence motion is a no go even in the worst cases..

DonAK

#teamBojan to present an 80 million as-of-yet-unknown energy drink sponsor ? :pep:

Seriously, if correct the 61% figure required for a motion of no confidence to pass is crazy. I assume the socios would have to physically be there for their votes to be counted.
Ridiculous to be fair. If it is indeed a two round thing (15% then 61%), there is no reason why 51% wouldn't be sufficient.
Seems like a no confidence motion is a no go even in the worst cases..

It's actually 66% lol

15% of all socis then 66% of those who vote on the day. Need 66% to hold new elections.

A Rosell-backed motion of no confidence against Joan Laporta went through to polls in 2008. The result was 60.60% against Laporta. Incredible when you look back at it.

Another 6% against Laporta and it would've been new elections and judging by the trend, he would have lost in the elections. Someone else(most probably Rosell) would have won and Pep might have never been hired, Rosell possibly going for a more experienced option like Scolari(whom he wanted to appoint for Rijkaard lel).

For the record, Rosell was the one who raised the support needed from 5% to 15%.......

Last edited:
Well there is quite possibly a few factors that we may have missed out on but it sure seems like this system is rigged from the start. Hell, just count out the lethargic socios and the 66% become nigh impossible to get.

Home of Barca Fans