FC Barcelona Finances

FC433

[tw]1108739738566082563?s=09[/tw]

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 20 shirt sponsor deals in Europe’s top 5 leagues. Milan is 13th (1st in Serie A) with their €18.5M per year deal with Fly Emirates [via <a href="https://twitter.com/Lu_Class_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Lu_Class_</a>] <a href="https://t.co/MSMsCsLto2">pic.twitter.com/MSMsCsLto2</a></p>— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) <a href="https://twitter.com/MilanEye/status/1111713619086110721?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/tw]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wonder if we will be able to find a new sponsor (Rakuten doesn't look to be in for the long haul) in several years who is going to pay us more, especially since Messi will be gone by then, considering how hard it was to get Rakuten on board in the first place (thanks to Pique).

We shouldn't accept a lower deal than that of Manchester United, whose jerseys by the way are completely ruined by the lowly and ugly Chevrolet menstrual pad logo. I have heard so many Manchester United fans not wanting to buy their jerseys because of that logo.

Last edited:

Havesaks

I wonder if we will be able to find a new sponsor (Rakuten doesn't look to be in for the long haul) in several years who is going to pay us more, especially since Messi will be gone by then, considering how hard it was to get Rakuten on board in the first place (thanks to Pique).

We shouldn't accept a lower deal than that of Manchester United, whose jerseys by the way are completely ruined by the lowly and ugly Chevrolet menstrual pad logo. I have heard so many Manchester United fans not wanting to buy their jerseys because of that logo.

amazon was named before. they have the money for a big deal. kinda sad barto won't be around to make the next deal

Alik

Why does Nike pay us so much in comparison to other teams, but we can't obtain the same kind of deal for our shirt sponsor?

Havesaks

Why does Nike pay us so much in comparison to other teams, but we can't obtain the same kind of deal for our shirt sponsor?

Because we are Nike biggest clients.

--

Anyways. I would love to have Apples silver apple on our shirt. on second thought it would fuck the symmetry up i guess

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Because Nike is getting tangible gains from sponsoring us, i.e., from shirt and merchandise sales, they are getting their money's worth (we sell about 2 million jerseys alone worldwide every year). Meanwhile, it is hard to calculate/materialize intangible gains by sponsors such as Qatar Airways and Rakuten etc., as to how much brand awareness they have gained thanks to sponsoring us so companies naturally pay us less compared to Nike.

That said, I don't get it why Chevorlet is spending so much money sponsoring Manchester United every year while we can't find someone who can do the same. Manchester United perhaps has wider fanbase around the world geographically but we should be on on par with them since we have the best player in the world Messi.

Alik

Because Nike is getting tangible gains from sponsoring us, i.e., from shirt and merchandise sales, they are getting their money's worth (we sell about 2 million jerseys alone worldwide every year). Meanwhile, it is hard to calculate/materialize intangible gains by sponsors such as Qatar Airways and Rakuten etc., as to how much brand awareness they have gained thanks to sponsoring us so companies naturally pay us less compared to Nike.

That said, I don't get it why Chevorlet is spending so much money sponsoring Manchester United every year while we can't find someone who can do the same. Manchester United perhaps has wider fanbase around the world geographically but we should be on on par with them since we have the best player in the world Messi.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. I mean, Nike pays us almost double what Adidas pays Man Utd. So I expect we should be able to find a sponsor that pays us more than Man Utd, as I would expect there to be at least some correlation.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. I mean, Nike pays us almost double what Adidas pays Man Utd. So I expect we should be able to find a sponsor that pays us more than Man Utd, as I would expect there to be at least some correlation.

I think the Nike deal broke ground for the next round of kit deals for the biggest clubs. Real Madrid's rumored deal with Adidas is already at 110m a year with a potential up to 150m a year, it is all done but made official. Next time when Adidas extends with Manchester United or if someone else grabs Manchester United I am sure it will be above 100m as well.

Off-topic a bit, I read today the main reason Valencia CF switched from Adidas to Puma starting next season is because Puma is going to pay them 4m a year compared to just 2m a year from Adidas currently. 2m a year for a club like Valencia CF???? That is outrageously low. Considering a jersey costs about 85 euros and minus all the production and marketing costs plus kickbacks, Adidas only had to sell about 30000 jerseys (and nothing else) to get their money back.

Devils

Nike can't lose us otherwise they lose a huge grip on their football market.

Over the past decade they've lost Manchester United, Arsenal and will also lose Manchester City to Puma soon.

And right now Adidas sponsors Bayern, Juve, Real Madrid and will also have Arsenal soon too.

Nike can't afford to fall further behind tbh.

Home of Barca Fans