FC Barcelona Finances

DennyCrane

According to Sport, the fee we received from Neymar's transfer is included in the total. That actually would make the total revenue a bit underwhelming.

We are one of a very few clubs that actually count transfer fee into the total revenue, most other clubs (ManU, Madrid, Bayern etc.) don't. We will have to wait for the Deloitte Money League report to come out to see how we did compared to other clubs.

Where did you get that from ? That would baffle me as transfer fees are liable for value added tax so the revenue has to be declared accordingly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Where did you get that from ? That would baffle me as transfer fees are liable for value added tax so the revenue has to be declared accordingly.

I forgot, I think it was Deloitte Money League report a couple of years ago or something which restated our revenue or something. They basically break the revenue down to three sources only: match day, tv and broadcasting, sponsorship and merchandising.

DennyCrane

I forgot, I think it was Deloitte Money League report a couple of years ago or something which restated our revenue or something. They basically break the revenue down to three sources only: match day, tv and broadcasting, sponsorship and merchandising.

Ok, I just looked it up. There are discrepancies in reporting apparently but not between the clubs listed in the money league but between the reported revenue of the clubs and the reported revenue by Deloitte as Deloitte leaves out certain forms of revenue by default. That actually makes sense btw., think of transfer fees where the payments are made in installments over several months maybe even reaching into the next financial year as opposed to cases where the fee is paid in full immediately; you'd have serious distortions.

Case in point, the 21st edition of the DML had Bayern at 587,8 million Euro while the club reported 640,5 million Euro in revenue.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ok, I just looked it up. There are discrepancies in reporting apparently but not between the clubs listed in the money league but between the reported revenue of the clubs and the reported revenue by Deloitte as Deloitte leaves out certain forms of revenue by default. That actually makes sense btw., think of transfer fees where the payments are made in installments over several months maybe even reaching into the next financial year as opposed to cases where the fee is paid in full immediately; you'd have serious distortions.

Case in point, the 21st edition of the DML had Bayern at 587,8 million Euro while the club reported 640,5 million Euro in revenue.

So all clubs count money made from selling players (which DML doesn't count) as part of their revenue, not just us? Hmmm, I stand corrected then.

Andrew M

It's called non-recurring income.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The source is the financial reports issued by the club. They had 20-30M debt reduced every year.
They could be lying :p

I seriously wonder how we were able to do that. Our post-tax profit every season has been around 20m or so (last season was only at 13m). Did we put all the profit into paying off our debt? Hard to believe that.

serghei

I seriously wonder how we were able to do that. Our post-tax profit every season has been around 20m or so (last season was only at 13m). Did we put all the profit into paying off our debt? Hard to believe that.

Messi has been cheating on taxes non-stop in the last 8 years and paid Barca's debt. :coffee:

Home of Barca Fans