Quote Originally Posted by frog-fcb View Post
    when did intel stop sponsoring us
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    So the 19m per year amount includes BOTH the Beko print on the left sleeve of the match jerseys and the front of the training jerseys? So basically they are paying us 11m more for the training jerseys right?
    Don't know if numbers are divided like this in sponsorship contract but I guess we could say so.

Also, what does this picture you posted indicate for the 18/19 season? The maximal revenue for the shirt sponsorship would be 235.5m? What would the total projected "Marketing" portion of the revenue be for the 18/19 season? Higher than the last two seasons?
    Yes, we'll get between 179m and 235,5m combined from the main shirt sponsors (Nike, Rakuten and Beko).

Marketing revenue for current season are expected to be around 300m according to officially approved budget. Don't know about the next season but should increase again.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/new...get-for-201718

Danger Ahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this too yesterday, no idea what Bartomeu meant by surging ticket sales and broadcast rights. We already know the attendance this season this lower than before. Also with the new TV deal are we supposed to get much more? I thought we would maintain the previous levels.

Camp Nou naming right is definitely coming though, I feel pretty sad about it but at the same time I understanding there is no turning back. Hopefully it is a decent company.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this too yesterday, no idea what Bartomeu meant by surging ticket sales and broadcast rights. We already know the attendance this season this lower than before. Also with the new TV deal are we supposed to get much more? I thought we would maintain the previous levels.

Camp Nou naming right is definitely coming though, I feel pretty sad about it but at the same time I understanding there is no turning back. Hopefully it is a decent company.
    Rakuten Arena incoming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr98 View Post
    Rakuten Arena incoming
    That's a lot better than Qatar Aiways though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rakuten Arena incoming

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rakuten Arena incoming
    From the way Bartomeu described it, it appears to be a new and different company. I don't know if Rakuten is viable enough to be our main sponsor long-term, let alone being a naming right sponsor who would be shelling out a lot of money up front I believe...

Whatever it is, I expect "Camp Nou" to remain part of the name, probably just be something like "XYZ Camp Nou".
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the way Bartomeu described it, it appears to be a new and different company. I don't know if Rakuten is viable enough to be our main sponsor long-term, let alone being a naming right sponsor who would be shelling out a lot of money up front I believe...

Whatever it is, I expect "Camp Nou" to remain part of the name, probably just be something like "XYZ Camp Nou".
    That's gonna sound horrible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll continue to call in Camp Nou. And I'm glad the team will get all the money for the new, official name.

President of FC Barcelona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides Rakuten are sponsoring some other big brands like the Golden State Warriors in the NBA too. They don't really need to shell out more money.

Inb4 Allianz Camp Nou

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will it happen? Need to visit Camp Nou before it gets wrecked.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    I'll continue to call in Camp Nou. And I'm glad the team will get all the money for the new, official name.
    It will forever be Camp Nou for most if not all fans. And in CL it will also officially stay Camp Nou because UEFA doesn't allow sponsorship names.

It's not ideal to sell the naming rights of the stadium but it's necessary if we want to stay competitive with other big teams that are doing the same. At least teams that don't get unlimited money from "other sources".